Problem after 426 rebuilt.

3 replies to this topic
  • kubamtx

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:20 AM

Hi
I've got one problem in my 01 yzf 426 . I've rebuilt the bike few months ago. Now it has about 30 hrs. I've re-ruted breather tube and today I've checked the air filter on it and found pretty much oil on it. I've took the filter off and started the bike and noticed that there is a lot of air pump duting idlig. Is this normal? I don't remember such a high air flow before rebuild.
Please give me a hint. Shuld I be worried?

• 642MX

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:40 AM

I wouldn't worry. They all have blow-by, even brand new bikes. If you over fill the oil or run the bike real hard, its normal to blow a little oil out too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kubamtx

Posted April 24, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I've notice oil after hard rides. And I have 10 km from track to home and I always do insane speed enduro when arriving;-) Maybe that's why there is oil in breather. Bike is running strong and clean. I knew that ther is air move in breather on idle but now I think it is even bigger.

• grayracer513

Posted April 24, 2008 - 01:50 PM

your bike is a 426 because that is the volume of air displaced by the top of the piston as it moves from bottom to top. What most people don't hthink much about is that the bottom of the piston displaces the same amount as it moves from top to bottom. That air has to go somewhere.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.