98 WR400F's Problem

3 replies to this topic
  • Richard56

Posted November 17, 2002 - 03:10 AM

Seen in here somewhere that peopl is saying that the fork angle for the 98' is wrong and is corrected in the 99' model onwards? :D :D is it true?? :) :D If the angle is wrong,then what harm/damage will it do?

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 17, 2002 - 01:20 PM

the rake is kicked out, that is all.

You can offset this by raising your forks in the triple clamps. I have raised mine ~ 1.2 cm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Richard56

Posted November 17, 2002 - 07:02 PM

What does the "rake" means??

• YZ400Court

Posted November 18, 2002 - 03:19 PM

The frame was changed in 99 to move the forks back 5mm. 5mm doesn't seem like much, but apperentlly it makes the bike corner better. My 98 has Scotts 5mm offset triple clamps. I don't know if it helps, but they sure look cool. Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.