LOUDEST PIPE MADE

34 replies to this topic
  • Glen_T

Posted May 08, 2002 - 12:24 PM

Hey crotchrocket,

I have a WB E-series that has become somewhat of, shall we say a noise problem? I've been thinking about selling it. Are you interested in used? I'm not sure what I'd let it go for, but somewhere in the $175 range or maybe a bit lower would be my guess as to it's value.

GLEN
tidermange@yahoo.com

• crotchrocket

Posted May 08, 2002 - 06:19 PM

Is the system in mint condition? What kind of head pipe do you have? Can you send pics or any more information?

• Glen_T

Posted May 09, 2002 - 05:34 AM

The pipe has about a season of riding on it. No dings or dents. The side-panel has scraped the side a bit, but soppose that would happen to a new one as well. I have 12 disks and a 8-12o'clock deflector to keep the exhaust from discoloring the fender. I just run the stock headpipe, and I can send pictures this weekend.

Glen

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted May 09, 2002 - 06:35 AM

I was sound tested with my 2000 wr400 stock pipe, baffle out, airbox lid off, last weekend at a Desert race and was told it was 106. This is prompting me to purchase a sound meter. What is the official procedure for testing, distance and angle from the pipe and rpms.

• MX_Tuner

Posted May 09, 2002 - 06:46 AM

I can't believe a stock uncorked WR pipe is 106 db.

The headpipe is a source for a good power increase. A tapered headpipe is well worth the money. Don't expect maximum gains with a stock headpipe.

• tmgolden

Posted May 11, 2002 - 06:13 PM

Ok, here is is... I have tried stock, a Big Gun, an FMF, and a ProCircuit on my 2001 WR426F. I have a riding partner who has a 426 with a DSP. I can honestly say that the ProCircuit T4 is the most irritatingly loud bike of the bunch. It rattles the windows in my house when idling and on the track it just gets louder and louder [exponentially] when you roll on. The main drawback of the ProCircuit is that it was difficult to jet (go figure?).

All of these damn pipes are so loud that I'm actually thinking of going back to stock so I can think.

Good luck, you big 'ol noise polluter you!

• BRP-rider

Posted April 16, 2007 - 12:51 PM

FMF Titanium 4 on a CRF450R, it sets off car alarms.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goodluckmonkey

Posted April 16, 2007 - 01:02 PM

Loudest two I've ever heard are as follows.

My old style full Ti Acrapovic system, which has no baffle, and is a bigger bore than the newer systems. I hardy use it, as it's totally obscene.

My friends 426 with a GYTR carbon can cut down to 6" in length - may as well have had no silencer!

• Derwud

Posted April 16, 2007 - 05:05 PM

Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should....

Loud pipes, no matter where you ride, can only shorten the time before dirtbikes are banned everywhere.

Amen brother!!!

I love aftermarket pipes, but only those that try to make quiet power..

• ringding

Posted April 16, 2007 - 05:11 PM

loud pipe is no pipe

• gunner150

Posted April 16, 2007 - 05:27 PM

five year old thread guys.

• Chooch68

Posted April 16, 2007 - 07:31 PM

Yeah , the guy that started that thread hasnt posted since 2003. Maybe he got shot by a farmer or hunter for having too loud of a pipe.

• B-Rock

Posted April 16, 2007 - 08:50 PM

Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should....

Loud pipes, no matter where you ride, can only shorten the time before dirtbikes are banned everywhere.

Preach It Brother Man!

:worthy: :thumbsup:

• Thermos O flask

Posted April 17, 2007 - 03:08 AM

In AUSSIE our WR's are road registered so i often ride mine to work and the YOSHI is a bit on the loud side and you get a few looks.BUT my mates wr426 with full DR D hurts my ears ,it cuts like a knife. :thumbsup:

• MSHAM

Posted April 17, 2007 - 11:13 AM

Hey everyone-

I want to put an aftermarket system on my WR, but I can't decide which one. I would like to buy the LOUDEST one made, not the quietest. I live in Montana where there are no emissions standards or sound requirements - you can be free! Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also want stellar performance/excellent quality. I've got some down time now to put a pipe on because it just snowed here!

&%$#@!, are you kiding me? What Montana do you live in? If you ride in the National forest you have a limit! They are closing a bunch of areas in Southwest Montana. Guys like you don't help-AT ALL! please rethink your approach. It appears all you need is attention not a loud pipe! If you care about others, people will care about you, and you won't need a loud pipe to get the attention! If your from Billings that would explain it all!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.