34 replies to this topic
  • crotchrocket

Posted May 07, 2002 - 01:19 PM

Hey everyone-

I want to put an aftermarket system on my WR, but I can't decide which one. I would like to buy the LOUDEST one made, not the quietest. I live in Montana where there are no emissions standards or sound requirements - you can be free! Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also want stellar performance/excellent quality. I've got some down time now to put a pipe on because it just snowed here!

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted May 07, 2002 - 01:23 PM

Oh man, I gotta move. Montana sounds nice. Do you guys have a speed limit?

The DSP is one loud SOB. Highly recommended.

• F-Pilot

Posted May 07, 2002 - 01:29 PM

White Bros. E-Series Pro Meg open end (no discs)
Must be at least 105-106 db.
Had one on my 426 for moto.
Needed ear plugs but they sure hear you comin'!

• freestyle111

Posted May 07, 2002 - 02:49 PM

"big gun"2001 version.

• DR.Zaius

Posted May 07, 2002 - 06:25 PM

I got the same as F-Pilot on my DRZ, and without the disc(blank one) I think it is something like 109 db. That is a lot. :)

• crotchrocket

Posted May 07, 2002 - 07:10 PM

Yeah dammit, they did put a speed limit in - too many people were getting shmucked when we used to not have one - most people can't live within their own means! Anyway, it is 75 now day and night, so that's really pretty fast. Actually, most people can't pull over 75 in a lot of places around here because the hills are so steep!

Thanks for the help everybody!

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted May 08, 2002 - 12:15 AM

My brother just put a FMF Titanium IV on his DRZ400 and it is one of the loudest pipes I have ever heard. It will probably be a little bit louder on the WR. He used to have the powercore IV, which is what I have on my WR and mine was much louder. But now that he has Titanium IV his is louder.

• lewichris

Posted May 08, 2002 - 04:43 AM

i would have to say the e-series with nothing in it. i don have one but i heard one. it was louder then **** but it didnt sound as nice as the power core 4 does. my two cents

• Buckholz

Posted May 08, 2002 - 05:02 AM

Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should....

Loud pipes, no matter where you ride, can only shorten the time before dirtbikes are banned everywhere.

• Maicoman

Posted May 08, 2002 - 05:54 AM

White Brothers E with 12 dics.
Guaranteed to drown out a jet :D
Way to loud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • levy1

Posted May 08, 2002 - 06:07 AM

I have the DSP. It seems to me to be loud but I have not been measured yet. I recently purchased the FMF power bomb header and pipe. I am looking for more low end. It will not fit with the DSP pipe. I love the way it sounds now and I have not installed the FMF system because I think it might be to quiet.

• Pac_NW_rider

Posted May 08, 2002 - 06:39 AM

I agree with Buckholz. (I am older also). I think that running a quieter bike will help out sport out in the future.

Enduro events here in the Pac NW are really cracking down on loud 4 strokes. A ban could be imposed or even a fine someday. I hope it never gets to that.

• crotchrocket

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:14 AM

Don't get me wrong guys, I don't want to endanger the future of the sport either. However, I ride on private ground much of the time in very remote places where I am the only person for miles.

• lewichris

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:27 AM

and believe you me montana is mostly remote places. How close are you to missoula?

• MOmilkman

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:32 AM

I bud of mine had a Big Gun on his YZ400 and if you stood anywhere near it you wanted a pair of ear plugs.

• crotchrocket

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:37 AM

Missoula is about 2 1/2 hours from where I live, Bozeman is 1 1/2, and Butte is about an hour.

• lewichris

Posted May 08, 2002 - 08:19 AM

closer to dillon then?

• crotchrocket

Posted May 08, 2002 - 08:50 AM

yep, only 30 miles from dillon

• moto_madman

Posted May 08, 2002 - 09:06 PM

Everyone bitches about loud thumpers but never loud two-strokes. Watched Larocco's mechanic break in his outdoor bike. At full scream it was louder than most thumpers. Cant wait to see how loud his 450F is this year at Southwick :)

• tk421

Posted May 08, 2002 - 09:20 PM

Hey crotchrocket

I think what you got now :stock exhaust unplugged , sounds awesome!

That’s the only soubd two stroke guys can hear when they get close to mine.
:) :D :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.