Rides to springy!

8 replies to this topic
  • Gidds

Posted April 24, 2008 - 06:56 AM

Hello, I have a 2000 WR400, I brought my bike in to the local yamaha dealer to get the fork seals done and a few other things. They told me my bike was pretty stiff so they asked for my weight to make some adjustments. I am 160 to 170lbs fluctuate when I got my bike back and went riding it just seems so springy even when I am not riding and just push down on near the back its just to easy. Does anyone know what the psi should be for that air shock deal? I am not to familiar with dirt bikes but I am pretty sure it shouldn't feel like it does. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you much.

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 24, 2008 - 07:30 AM

Hello, I have a 2000 WR400, I brought my bike in to the local yamaha dealer to get the fork seals done and a few other things. They told me my bike was pretty stiff so they asked for my weight to make some adjustments. I am 160 to 170lbs fluctuate when I got my bike back and went riding it just seems so springy even when I am not riding and just push down on near the back its just to easy. Does anyone know what the psi should be for that air shock deal? I am not to familiar with dirt bikes but I am pretty sure it shouldn't feel like it does. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you much.

Thats a gas filled cylinder, nitrogen I believe, DO NOT put air in it:prof:

Is is to plush or easy to push down or is it to springy on the rebound?

Adjust your clickers, do you have a manual?

• Gidds

Posted April 24, 2008 - 08:15 AM

I have a manual that I got online from a buddy but I couldn't find what I was looking for the print is pretty small. There is no spring back and it bottoms out to easy. It didn't do that before it got adjusted. Okay thanks for letting me know what that cylinder thing was, so what does it do? and do you have anymore suggestions? Thanks for your help.

• mvryder

Posted April 24, 2008 - 09:56 AM

The cylinder allows for rod volume (snicker snicker). The valve on the top of that controls the rate at witch fluid can exit the main chamber....thus, adjustable compression damping. The one on the bottom sounds like the one you are interested in right now, that one adjusts how fast the shock rebounds.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gidds

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:09 AM

thanks for your help. =) I will take it apart and figure it out.

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:34 AM

thanks for your help. =) I will take it apart and figure it out.

I doubt you need to take it apart... my guess is that the shop simply adjusted your "clickers"... look in your manual under chasis section for suspension adjustment... it will point out the locations and functions of each clicker for both front and rear... :thumbsup:

The shop may have put a lighter weight oil back in the forks but you should still be able to get what you want out of the clickers.

• mvryder

Posted April 24, 2008 - 11:26 AM

I doubt you need to take it apart...

Yeah no joke. I waaay second that!

• Gidds

Posted April 24, 2008 - 12:01 PM

Are you talking about they shock wrench? If thats what you mean then I would have to remove things to get the shock wrench in there. I guess I am not sure what the clicker is?.. I will try to find it in my manual.. thanks again.

• byggd

Posted April 24, 2008 - 12:32 PM

Gidds PM sent

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.