07 headlight

9 replies to this topic
  • Himsa123

Posted April 23, 2008 - 05:12 PM

I have an 07 wr450 and i was wondering if anyone has made a tutorial for removing the headlight or if anyone knows a good way to do so..i want to keep my electric start though..thanks!:thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted April 23, 2008 - 07:50 PM

I have an 07 wr450 and i was wondering if anyone has made a tutorial for removing the headlight or if anyone knows a good way to do so..i want to keep my electric start though..thanks!:thumbsup:

I would think that you just take off the headlight and un-plug it. Zip ty the plug behind the new front number plate you get. The electric start and on/off switch are independant of the headlight.

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 23, 2008 - 08:03 PM

I would think that you just take off the headlight and un-plug it. Zip ty the plug behind the new front number plate you get. The electric start and on/off switch are independant of the headlight.

What he said :thumbsup:

Your manual will show you disassembly steps... the trick is in mounting the ignition button, you either have to fab some kind of bracket or get creative with zip ties

• Himsa123

Posted April 23, 2008 - 08:07 PM

right on, thanks guys for the help. good to know the ignition is independently wired:applause: ......if anyone has pics or any other tips on pre fab mounts for ignition or dissamsembly feel free...thanks again.. new project:cheers:

• KennyMc

Posted April 23, 2008 - 08:32 PM

right on, thanks guys for the help. good to know the ignition is independently wired:applause: ......if anyone has pics or any other tips on pre fab mounts for ignition or dissamsembly feel free...thanks again.. new project:cheers:

Actually there is nothing else to do. The ignition switch is mounted to the side of the top triple clamp. There isn't anything attached to the headlight.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Himsa123

Posted April 23, 2008 - 08:35 PM

Actually there is nothing else to do. The ignition switch is mounted to the side of the top triple clamp. There isn't anything attached to the headlight.:thumbsup:

i meant ignition button like what SJMC_DON said. thanks :ride:

• KennyMc

Posted April 23, 2008 - 10:21 PM

i meant ignition button like what SJMC_DON said. thanks :ride:

Sorry, but I must be a bit thick headed. I switched out my stock headlight assembly (that's another story). I am looking at my stock headlight assembly and it simply unplugs from the bike. There is nothing else electrical that needs to be addressed. Am I missing something here (wouldn't be the first).:thumbsup: My starter button works, my kill switch works and my switch to turn on the speedo / odo works. I picked a bad day to stop drinking:bonk: Quit calling me Shirley:eek:

• Himsa123

Posted April 23, 2008 - 10:50 PM

Sorry, but I must be a bit thick headed. I switched out my stock headlight assembly (that's another story). I am looking at my stock headlight assembly and it simply unplugs from the bike. There is nothing else electrical that needs to be addressed. Am I missing something here (wouldn't be the first).:thumbsup: My starter button works, my kill switch works and my switch to turn on the speedo / odo works. I picked a bad day to stop drinking:bonk: Quit calling me Shirley:eek:

lol i think your correct, i havent even really gotten in there yet i thought id ask your guys' opinions first. so did you just put a yz number plate in replace of the headlight? how did it mount?

• KennyMc

Posted April 23, 2008 - 11:20 PM

lol i think your correct, i havent even really gotten in there yet i thought id ask your guys' opinions first. so did you just put a yz number plate in replace of the headlight? how did it mount?

Here's where the other story comes from. I put a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit on it. There's a super secrect reason so sssshhhhhhh. That being the case, I do not know how just a number plate will fit. It seem like everything would just lay flat behind it. Run a few zip tys to hold it into place. Kinda like the olden days. Wait, well gall dumn, you be a little squirt of 20.:thumbsup:

• Himsa123

Posted April 23, 2008 - 11:46 PM

Here's where the other story comes from. I put a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit on it. There's a super secrect reason so sssshhhhhhh. That being the case, I do not know how just a number plate will fit. It seem like everything would just lay flat behind it. Run a few zip tys to hold it into place. Kinda like the olden days. Wait, well gall dumn, you be a little squirt of 20.:ride:

:thumbsup: hah, yesem im 20, anyway yea i have no need for my headlight so its just extra weight and i think it would have somewhat of a cleaner look is i just replaced it with a number plate. ill take a look at it tomorrow prob. thanks again for the help and ill prob continue to post on this thread if i run into something.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.