YZ250F overheating???

3 replies to this topic
  • YamahaRdr4E

Posted April 23, 2008 - 04:18 PM

ok so my bike has been fine so far this year until sunday and all the sudden it overheated in the harescramble. so it was muddy and tight im like ok probly got mud in the radiator fins or somthing, so i wash it and fill it back up with coolant and start ridin around my house in open area and it got hot real fast and overheated again?? i have the boyesen water pump cover and im running engine ice so i dont know whats goin on??? i raced harescrambles last year in 95 degree temps and had no problems so what could be wrong??

• KJ790

Posted April 23, 2008 - 04:22 PM

Is it actually getting hot and boiling it out (is is steam coming out of the overflow or liquid). If liquid is coming out of the overflow then it might be a bad head gasket causing the water system to be pressurized. If it is actually boiling it out then maybe your radiators are plugged or your jetting is too lean. Four strokes will get hot when you are putting, but it is odd that it would all of the sudden give you problems when it never did before.

• YamahaRdr4E

Posted April 23, 2008 - 04:59 PM

its doin both actually, steam and liquid pouring out of the overflow..??

• ryano242000

Posted April 23, 2008 - 06:33 PM

new cap--- prestone premixed--- great stuff!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.