Sending in Suspension

5 replies to this topic
  • yz_ripper

Posted April 23, 2008 - 02:07 PM

Hi, im curious if anyone of you guys had sent in your suspension somewhere like, RaceTech, Pro-circuit, factory connection, etc. I want to adjust it for my riding style/weight, but i really dont have the knowledge.. These websites state that they work with you over the phone and can get the job done. I spoke with a couple guys that race in my class and they all had great things to say after they received there suspension back from them.

Any opinions?

• 642MX

Posted April 23, 2008 - 02:44 PM

Any of the big name tuners do a great job if your setting it up for one purpose (like MX or HS). The problem I ran into was, none of the big names could set it up for both..... or at least thats what I was told.

I finally found a smaller shop that could handle both needs (I do MX and HS). Not sure what kind of riding you do, but its something to think about.

BTW, this guy did mine. He even sent me instructions on which way to adjust the clickers for MX and which clicker adjustment for hare scrambles. And its perfect, I couldn't be happier!

• WGP

Posted April 23, 2008 - 02:46 PM

If you were on the west coast I would say ENZO, but shipping is going to cost you.

I would look for a Race Tech technician close by to work with. Ask around...

Factory Connection is way too expensive and on the West Coast.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Adam934

Posted April 23, 2008 - 06:53 PM

Look into Great work and reasonable prices.

• intensem1rider

Posted April 23, 2008 - 07:35 PM

But doesn't Race Tech still use old technology from like 5 years ago? aka ruining the whole speed sensitive valving in the Kayaba suspension?

The leader for sure is Enzo for Yamaha's, but your going to have to fork out $50 shipping, which in my opinion is chump change when it comes to what they can accomplish.

• corndog67

Posted April 23, 2008 - 07:48 PM

I've heard good things about Independant in San Luis Obispo. Not cheap though.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.