Are you talking to your group?

2 replies to this topic
  • DCaddy

Posted April 22, 2008 - 09:05 PM

I have had the GPS for a while now but since November, I have been using a Midland GMRS radio to communicate with riders, and especially my kids, in our riding group. Wonder how many of you are doing the same thing? Our longest distance is 18 miles so far in an open, shallow valley with line-of-site at El Mirage in So. Ca. I was amazed because my wife was at her brothers house, in the house, when she turned on her radio and inturuped our conversations. Also wonder if any of you have seen some of the Bluetooth stuff out there that is compatible with GRMS radios for dirt bikes. I think my WR is starting to turn into a electronic machine.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted April 23, 2008 - 07:28 AM

I have had the GPS for a while now but since November, I have been using a Midland GMRS radio to communicate with riders, and especially my kids, in our riding group. Wonder how many of you are doing the same thing? Our longest distance is 18 miles so far in an open, shallow valley with line-of-site at El Mirage in So. Ca. I was amazed because my wife was at her brothers house, in the house, when she turned on her radio and inturuped our conversations. Also wonder if any of you have seen some of the Bluetooth stuff out there that is compatible with GRMS radios for dirt bikes. I think my WR is starting to turn into a electronic machine.:thumbsup:

As sweep riders for a big desert race we use the midland's with the headsets that have the wrap around ear piece and mic boom... they work great but I have yet to figure out the VOX sens so that it can be hands free with out listening to the bikes running all day. I just used the 21 mile radios this year and while it's not all line of site we can usually communicate pretty well even if we need a relay on a 50 mile loop.

• DCaddy

Posted April 27, 2008 - 03:54 PM

Try getting a Helmet kit with handle bar push-to-talk for about $30.00 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co..._sg_ai_-2_8_tit you can get them for either open or closed face helmets and there are two speakers inside your helmet with a mic that you just peel and stick inside. They have velcro between the adhesive and speakers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.