What Do You Think About Step Seats?

6 replies to this topic
  • Nitrox

Posted April 22, 2008 - 05:00 PM

I'm tossing around the idea of putting a step seat on my 07 450f. I'd like to get some real feedback about what it does for your riding. I'm a big guy and wonder if it may push me too far forward. Might not be a bad thing for corners but has the step ever not allowed you to slide back when you need to? Has it ever put you in a wrong position when your seat jumping a jump or anything like that? Maybe you really don't know there's a difference when it comes down to it, but I'd like to hear your input if you ride motocross and have a step seat.

I am happy with the stock seat but maybe I'm missing something that may help improve some of my skills.

Thanks for any response

Craig

• yzmerf105

Posted April 22, 2008 - 06:17 PM

I got one and like it. I am also on the large side ( 6ft 200#). I would not say it keeps me from sliding back really but it does help remind me where i am on the bike

• Nitrox

Posted April 22, 2008 - 08:31 PM

Do you feel like your not pushed too far forward for your size?

cb

I got one and like it. I am also on the large side ( 6ft 200#). I would not say it keeps me from sliding back really but it does help remind me where i am on the bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzmerf105

Posted April 24, 2008 - 05:57 PM

No it feels like it puts me here i should be.

• SAGringo

Posted April 28, 2008 - 08:21 PM

i think it helps keep me in place, but mostly i feel a lot more confidence seat bouncing and cornering because i know exactly where i am on the bike.

• hillclimbguy

Posted April 28, 2008 - 08:33 PM

I'm six foot. I run a tall seat with a seat step. Makes it great for hillclimbing. My son runs one now. It sure helps when the bike powers out of a turn.

• Lowedog

Posted April 29, 2008 - 05:22 AM

I put a SDG step seat on my '06 and love it. I mostly woods ride and it's great for those steep switch backs and climbs. I'm 5'11 and it keeps right where I like to ride when sitting.

A couple taller (6'2"-6'5") friends have ridden my bike and it is too cramped for them.

-Lowedog

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.