2007 YZ450F Upgrades

16 replies to this topic
  • FeliX 450

Posted April 22, 2008 - 01:26 PM

Well i will be starting a project on my YZ450F and want to get quiet a few things for it. First i will be getting my suspension revalved and possibly getting stiffer shock and springs. Then i will be getting exhaust, lower gearing and bunch of small things such as radiator hoses, clutchcover, possibly stabialzer and new set of triple clamps, powdercoating the hubs and the swingarm black and other little things. My question is which Exhaust system would you recommend for the bike. I was thinking either FMF Powercore w/megabomb header or White Brothers Aluminum Pro or Carbon Fiber Pro. I was also thinking of getting HotCams, but was wondering if they make much difference and improve overall bike performance. What are some of the other things you would recommend to improve bikes handling and engine performance? Im open to any ideas.

• Dveitch8

Posted April 22, 2008 - 02:12 PM

I've got the FMF w/megabomb on my 07, I like it alot but haven't tried anything else so my opinions biased

• 426 NOOB

Posted April 22, 2008 - 04:11 PM

For the exhaust I would recommend a DR.D system. They are highly praised for their awesome construction, customer service, and incredible power. As for cams, the horsepower to $ ratio really is not worth it unless you do some porting work as well. Just my 2 cents

• KJ790

Posted April 22, 2008 - 04:19 PM

Don't waste your money on the powercore silencer, it performs the same as stock. Spend the extra $70 and get the stainless factory 4.1, this is an awesome pipe.

Cams are great for performance. They offer more performance gain than any exhaust system, and they cost less in most cases. Not to mention they can't get wadded up in a wreck on your first ride like an exhaust system can.

• Justin89

Posted April 22, 2008 - 06:27 PM

I have the FMF Factory 4.1 w/ Powerbomb header on mine and I love it! I would like to try a megabomb header and Dr D sometime too...the only problem I have with DR D is that they seem to stick out pretty far.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 22, 2008 - 07:12 PM

I'm stoked with my WB AlumPro2...Get compliments on the sound all the time...Rode Elsinore one day with stock, then the next day with the WB...Definite low/mid improvement...
Your mods sound good, maybe for handling, a lot of people seem happy with the radiator lowering kits, maybe a Scotts damper, 24mm offset clamps, no stock tires...
For performance (besides the pipe) you should think about the Zip-Ty carb mod...

• FeliX 450

Posted April 23, 2008 - 11:29 AM

Has anyone tried the Pro-Circuit Ti-4 or T-4 on. is there any difference between the two except for Ti being titanium?

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 23, 2008 - 11:41 AM

Has anyone tried the Pro-Circuit Ti-4 or T-4 on. is there any difference between the two except for Ti being titanium?

No, but from what I've read on here there is a difference between the regular slip on and the GP cannister

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted April 23, 2008 - 11:46 AM

There is no difference between the Ti-4 and the T-4 other than the material they are made out of. Performance wise they are the same.

No, but from what I've read on here there is a difference between the regular slip on and the GP cannister

Correct. The GP Ti-4 or T-4 silencers must be used with the GP headpipe, they will not fit the stock headpipe. The Ti-4 and T-4 slip-ons are made to fit the stock headpipe.

• FeliX 450

Posted April 23, 2008 - 03:12 PM

There is no difference between the Ti-4 and the T-4 other than the material they are made out of. Performance wise they are the same.

Correct. The GP Ti-4 or T-4 silencers must be used with the GP headpipe, they will not fit the stock headpipe. The Ti-4 and T-4 slip-ons are made to fit the stock headpipe.

would i be able to use a Ti-4 slip w/ FMF's megabomb header?

• KJ790

Posted April 23, 2008 - 03:34 PM

would i be able to use a Ti-4 slip w/ FMF's megabomb header?

I believe you can, but they are not designed to be run together so I'm not sure what kind of result it would have.

• FeliX 450

Posted April 23, 2008 - 03:52 PM

I believe you can, but they are not designed to be run together so I'm not sure what kind of result it would have.

:thumbsup: i might try that.

so far im leaning towards White Bros Amuminum Pro II. Ive had WB exhause on my previous bikes and they worked great.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 23, 2008 - 05:16 PM

Keep in mind the WB has tuning tips available and comes with the spark arrestor screen...

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 24, 2008 - 06:30 PM

:thumbsup: i might try that.

so far im leaning towards White Bros Amuminum Pro II. Ive had WB exhause on my previous bikes and they worked great.

Good luck trying to find parts and accesories for a product from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 24, 2008 - 06:47 PM

It still exists, it was aquired by Vance and Hines...Supposedly existing White Brothers customers will be taken care of, according to Terry Vance, with Vance & Hines handling any White Brothers customer service issues at 800/592-2529.
And I'll bet they'll have some sick pipes out next year!

• FeliX 450

Posted April 25, 2008 - 10:23 AM

wait did WB go out of business? its one of my fav companies

• Ga426owner

Posted April 25, 2008 - 10:33 AM

wait did WB go out of business? its one of my fav companies

Distribution side of WB is gone..
Exhaust/motor/design side of WB bought by Vance and Hines - Big things coming from here I am told.
The WB's are now very wealthy, more than they were and Tom is running his museum

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.