Dual Sport Tires

11 replies to this topic
  • Stoy66

Posted April 22, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I'm dual sporting my 07 WR450. Anyone suggestions on good tires? Mostly offroad use, occasional trips to the c-store to show it off, or maybe even take it to a local road house's bike night, ha! I did a search and there is not much info. Could you please opine?

• Naz88

Posted April 22, 2008 - 11:52 AM

Terraflex rear, DOT certified and aggresive as hell with great wear

• byggd

Posted April 22, 2008 - 12:14 PM

This has brought a few times. The dunlop 606 seems to be the favorite flavor. I'm trying a Kenda Trackmaster and so for so good. Here are a couple threads:
http://www.thumperta...light=dot tires
http://www.thumperta...light=dot tires

• spedyr6

Posted April 22, 2008 - 12:31 PM

even though you have the other threads now, I have a Perelli Scorpion front and a Michelin AC-10 rear and have been pretty happy. Thats compared to stock though.

• dugabrams

Posted April 22, 2008 - 02:10 PM

even though you have the other threads now, I have a Perelli Scorpion front and a Michelin AC-10 rear and have been pretty happy. Thats compared to stock though.

I have this same combo and I think the front is the best tire I have ever had, period (and it's dot) The rear has been pretty good, but I may try the Kenda TM next.

• Stoy66

Posted April 23, 2008 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the info guys. It gives me a place to start looking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rooster426

Posted April 23, 2008 - 08:23 PM

I've run the Dunlop 606 (front and rear) for many years. LONG tread life and aggressive look.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 23, 2008 - 09:31 PM

...occasional trips to the c-store to show it off, or maybe even take it to a local road house's bike night, ha! ...

So do you park right in front of the "Harley's Only" sign? :thumbsup:

• bg10459

Posted April 24, 2008 - 07:51 AM

Pretty much all Pirelli front tires are DOT legal.
I've used the MT83 Scorpion Pro and was pretty happy with it for racing, but it did get beaten in the rocks. The MT16 wasn't as good when it got loose or sloppy, but it held up great in harder terrain and on the road. The MT16 front is my dual sport tire of choice.
Haven't tried any DOT rear tires, so I can't recommend any.

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 24, 2008 - 08:40 AM

In my experience, what worked good on the road and lasted, sucked on the trail. The real answer is two sets of wheels or a scooter:excuseme:

• offroad99

Posted April 24, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Im gonna try the kenda trackmasters next.

• MountainMax

Posted April 25, 2008 - 03:41 PM

I have worn out my first set of kenda's and it never wore as long as i was hoping for, but they are cheap and it hooks up ok.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.