Power Now carb wing

3 replies to this topic
  • Scuba_Steve

Posted May 06, 2002 - 07:13 PM

OK, maybe I shouldn't have read it, but there's an article in this month's Dirt Bike that highlights their WR426 project bike. Their modifications included the installation of a Power Now carburator wing, which is fitted into the carb inlet after the airbox. They claim it improves performance up to 1/2 throttle, as it increases the air velocity thru the carb. Does anyone have any experience with this device? I am wondering if it's worth the $69.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 07, 2002 - 02:46 AM

Does DB claim this works...or the manufacturer claim?

I have never respected DB for their tests, or their mag. We need to have someone volunteer and buy one of these things and of course post their results! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • D's_CRF450

Posted May 07, 2002 - 11:28 AM

One of the guys had one of these installed on his CRF450 just recently and says it works great. Haven't tried it myself but there is several post on the honda page about this and the manufacturer has also posted several things giving a few details about it.

• Scuba_Steve

Posted May 09, 2002 - 05:43 PM

DB claimed this device improved the WR's power at low to mid range throttle settings. Their testing was done as part of the work they did on their WR426 project bike. I was surprised that they never discussed changing the bike to YZ timing, or any of the other mods that we talk about here.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.