Which pipe WR 426

5 replies to this topic
  • jplear

Posted May 06, 2002 - 05:53 PM

I know , I know. I have to ask any way. Who makes the best after market pipe for a WR 426 / WR timed. Looking for more low end ,same top end , quieter or same as uncorked stock for noise and ofcourse low weight. Dirt Bike says Pro-Circuit T-4 which was not even on my list till now

• MX_Tuner

Posted May 07, 2002 - 01:11 AM

The T-4 isn't anywhere close to stock uncorked as far as noise level. I'm very happy with my WB E-Series but it is also considerably louder than what you want.

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted May 07, 2002 - 02:45 AM

I personally very happy with the FMF Powercore IV. Very loud though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Keener

Posted May 07, 2002 - 03:23 AM

FMF Powercore IV is great for me. I ordered the "quiet cap" with the pipe from Baja D. but it doesn't fit. Pretty loud though.

• lewichris

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:12 AM

do a search

• jamracing

Posted May 07, 2002 - 05:00 AM

I just installed the Big Gun full system, and it's awesome! It's very similar to my old Pro Circuit motocross pipe (oversize header, awesome workmanship), except for the following:
1. Muffler is oval (more volume, less noise).
2. System is ceramic coated (inside and outside, the only one on the market).
3. Spark Arrestor is removable
4. Fit is even tighter than than the PC.
Power was definitly up over the DSP muffler only setup (had that for one race), and the pipe was as quiet as the uncorked stock pipe (and waaaay lighter). It was explained that an oversize header will slow the exhaust gasses, therefor quieting the bike down.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.