Clarke Tank Q's

6 replies to this topic
  • zorroz

Posted April 21, 2008 - 07:43 AM

Just spent hours reading threads on Clarke and IMS tanks for my 07 WR450. I see that the Ims is the most popular for the WR's. Does the Clarke tank fit the WR? On there web site it says only fits YZ's?

• SID013

Posted April 22, 2008 - 12:57 AM

Just spent hours reading threads on Clarke and IMS tanks for my 07 WR450. I see that the Ims is the most popular for the WR's. Does the Clarke tank fit the WR? On there web site it says only fits YZ's?

I have an '06 which I fitted a Clarke YZ tank to. Clarke said I needed to change to YZ radiator shrouds & the YZ seat to fit it so bought a SDG seat from them & shrouds locally. Bottom line was my standard WR seat fitted & YZ wouldn't as the YZ doesn't have the battery. WR standard shrouds fitted also. May not be much help for the '07 but the lesson I learn't is ask others first don't rely on Clarke. I paid for a seat I didn't need. :thumbsup:

• timoyz1

Posted April 22, 2008 - 04:29 AM

I chose the IMS for my 07 because of the seat thing. I'm really thinking about switching to the acerbis 3.3 gal. It isn't that much extra fuel, but I like the way the tank protects the radiators.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=627955

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kirkster

Posted April 22, 2008 - 04:56 AM

I got the IMS tank because it fits with the Scotts Damper. At the time I was reading that the Clark did not fit with the Scotts.

Not sure about the Acerbis 3.3 and I am not a fan of the shrouds integrated with the tank as I don't like the way it looks. YMMV...

• zorroz

Posted April 22, 2008 - 08:52 PM

So no one has run a clarke tank on an 07 Wr450?

• Looks450

Posted April 24, 2008 - 12:53 AM

The whole ballards team does.

• zorroz

Posted April 24, 2008 - 02:02 AM

The whole ballards team does.

But if you check Clark tanks on websites it says "YZ-F 250/450* (2006-08) - Clarke 3.2 gallon tank Includes a new plastic cap, uses stock seat, shrouds and petcock. * will not fit 2007-08 WR 250/450 models" !!!

This is why I am confused I want to run the Clarke tank but can anyone confirm they fit??!!!

http://www.cyclebuy....stroke.htm#1469

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.