Help with airbox

1 reply to this topic
  • kayloe

Posted April 21, 2008 - 06:20 AM

New to the forum and new to enduro bikes:confused: infact only had my 99 WR400 3 days. Anyway thought i should check the air filter! on removal of seat i found there to be no lid on the box. Filter is not to bad but i will clean anyway when i have purchased correct products to do do.

I have read threads about airbox mods but is it ok to run with out the lid? bike goes like stink and not running too rich or too lean, is it ok like this or should i sort a lid for it?

Many thanks for you advice again Rob the noob:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hondatom

Posted April 21, 2008 - 06:29 AM

I am no expert, but I opened the air box on my honda and rejetted it. It made a world of difference. I would think that as long as the air entering the combustion chamber is free of dirt, the less restriction the better.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.