Hey Frostbite Get your shizznit out of here!

25 replies to this topic
  • Charles De Mar

Posted April 20, 2008 - 09:56 AM

Call up your weather and tell it to come home:rant: :thumbsup: :ride:
Posted Image

notice the big mountains in the background?.......Me either:thumbsdn:
...:rant: :lol: :mad:

• William1

Posted April 20, 2008 - 12:43 PM

I think that is called summer in 'Frostbite land'!

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 20, 2008 - 02:46 PM

Good I'm done with it:mad:

• jchurch

Posted April 20, 2008 - 05:05 PM

In Maine we have winter, and 3 months of bad hockey.....

• Frostbite

Posted April 21, 2008 - 05:20 AM

Good I'm done with it:mad:

William is right Charles, we aren't expecting tropical conditions like that for another 3 or 4 months, but I'm glad to hear that it's heading our way.:thumbsup:

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 21, 2008 - 05:48 AM

William is right Charles, we aren't expecting tropical conditions like that for another 3 or 4 months, but I'm glad to hear that it's heading our way.:thumbsup:

I'm glad someone wants it:excuseme: It was 7 degrees in Pipestone this weekend.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 21, 2008 - 05:56 AM

In Maine we have winter, and 3 months of bad hockey.....

What? You dont live in Toronto:p

• Frostbite

Posted April 21, 2008 - 06:49 AM

7 degrees - - - Sheer Luxury I tell you!!!

It's a brisk -20 here this morning, refreshing for me, but my friend Mike decided to wear his hat.

Posted Image

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 21, 2008 - 07:05 AM

Frostbite I feel for ya! I have no desire to live in the arctic. I don't mind the cold and snow, but the ski resorts are closed and the avalanche danger is big this time of year:eek: I just want to put on minimal amount of clothes and go throw dirt, not snow!( don't have your set up) I will box this shizznit up and send the warmer weather to you!:thumbsup: Hope fully you won't break more shit in the cold and have to walk back to semicivilization

• kskyles

Posted April 21, 2008 - 09:30 AM

frostbite-

you lucky dog.

is mike rowe a pretty cool guy? my kids love that guy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted April 21, 2008 - 09:37 AM

Cooool , hey Frostbite, here is your chance to get the Yamaha commercial going, just have it aired on the "Dirty Jobs" show with your friend Mike. :thumbsup: :ride: WR Dave.

• Frostbite

Posted April 21, 2008 - 10:19 AM

Frostbite I feel for ya! I have no desire to live in the arctic. I don't mind the cold and snow, but the ski resorts are closed and the avalanche danger is big this time of year:eek: I just want to put on minimal amount of clothes and go throw dirt, not snow!( don't have your set up) I will box this shizznit up and send the warmer weather to you!:thumbsup: Hope fully you won't break more shit in the cold and have to walk back to semicivilization

Hey Charles, they Dirty Jobs crew will have lots of cold weather gear for sale tomorrow. You want me to grab you some of it for you before they fly out?

frostbite-

you lucky dog.

I only talked to Mike for a few minutes this morning (he flew in last night) but he is a very cool guy. This was the scene when I walked out the door to go to work this morning.

Posted Image

They were loading up and getting ready to head out on the ice to Shark Camp, which looks like this:

Posted Image

And this is what they’re doing there.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I was taking notes for them while they pulled out liver and vertebrae. This is what the dirty jobs crew will be filming. They’re going to have shark specials for Shark week on the Disco Channel.

Some of his crew flew in a couple of days ago to do some preliminary work. They stayed with the shark scientists living next door. I was shoveling the snow out of my airbox when they arrived and one of them walked over. He used to race MX and thought my bike was sick. I told him he could take it for a spin. He hasn’t yet (they were v busy), but said he will before he leaves.

They invited me over that evening, and even though alcohol is illegal here, I somehow discovered a bottle of 15 year old single malt scotch hidden beneath my floorboards. I brought it over and it was a hit. The whole crew are really great guys.

Funny, they flew here directly from California, so quite a temperature and culture shock. They also had a hard time buying cold weather (-30) gear in California, partially because they had their spring and summer stock out now. They’re staying in tents out on the ice for 2 days of filming. I’ll get the cold weather gear test reports when the get back. Haha.

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 21, 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hey Charles, they Dirty Jobs crew will have lots of cold weather gear for sale tomorrow. You want me to grab you some of it for you before they fly out?

Yeah I'll take the insulated panties! They got shark gut pink available?

• Dube2

Posted April 21, 2008 - 11:24 AM

frostbite-

you lucky dog.

X2:worthy:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 23, 2008 - 12:00 PM

The only thing worse than 7 degree weather is 77 degree weather in sunny, beautiful California.

here we have moderate temperatures, huge sand dunes, beautiful forests and trees and an expansive desert.

The only thing is, we can't ride on any of it!

So what's the real difference between california and montana?

• 2lcf

Posted April 23, 2008 - 12:23 PM

The only thing worse than 7 degree weather is 77 degree weather in sunny, beautiful California.

here we have moderate temperatures, huge sand dunes, beautiful forests and trees and an expansive desert.

The only thing is, we can't ride on any of it!

So what's the real difference between california and montana?

Cost of living......
Beautiful scenerey.........
Polite people.........
Better air.........
More places to ride......

do any of us need to continue.........:thumbsup:

California weather is the BEST........but the rest of it SUCKS donkey dick.....

I know, I know......If I don't like it move........not yet but hopefully in a few years.........

• RedBull420

Posted April 23, 2008 - 02:11 PM

"alcohol is illegal here" :ride: boooo what else is there to do up there :thumbsup:

• Kirkster

Posted April 23, 2008 - 04:54 PM

"alcohol is illegal here" :ride: boooo what else is there to do up there :thumbsup:

Just ask him about the birth rate...:rant:

• Frostbite

Posted April 24, 2008 - 06:05 AM

I was debating whether to post this or not, but there is a nasty side to the north.

I’m glad it’s illegal as the locals don’t handle it well. They all have rifles, and one of their favorite drinking games is shooting up the town. There are regular armed standoffs with police and at least once a year an officer is killed. A couple of months ago, in one of the neighboring communities, a young officer was shot and killed right through the windshield of his vehicle. He stopped to check out a city vehicle stuck in a snow bank, the driver reportedly had been drinking. He hadn’t robbed a bank or anything, just had a few drinks and was screwing around with a company vehicle and got it stuck

My first trip to this community was 10 years ago, and one evening I was eating dinner in the hotel dining room and someone randomly fired at the hotel. My table was against an exterior wall, right beside a window. The bullet went through the glass and passed between me and the fella sitting across the table from me. A bunch of young guys were having a little party at a house across the street, opened the window and fired one shot at the hotel, and then continued partying without giving it a second thought.

A few months after that police were called to a domestic dispute. An officer arrived at the home and began talking to the homeowner. The guy grabbed the officer’s pistol from his holster and shot him with it.

My second week back in this community (last March) I heard gunshots at 10AM in the middle of the week. The police arrived, evacuated my site and the area, there was a standoff for a few hours and the police finally had to shoot the guy, twice. They knocked him down the first time but he got back up and leveled his rifle so they shot him again.

99% of the violence and shootings here are alcohol related, so I don’t mind the ban. Booze still flows into the communities, but at least the $500 the bootlegger charges for a bottle of rum slows things down.

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 24, 2008 - 06:42 AM

I was debating whether to post this or not, but there is a nasty side to the north.

I’m glad it’s illegal as the locals don’t handle it well. They all have rifles, and one of their favorite drinking games is shooting up the town. There are regular armed standoffs with police and at least once a year an officer is killed. A couple of months ago, in one of the neighboring communities, a young officer was shot and killed right through the windshield of his vehicle. He stopped to check out a city vehicle stuck in a snow bank, the driver reportedly had been drinking. He hadn’t robbed a bank or anything, just had a few drinks and was screwing around with a company vehicle and got it stuck

My first trip to this community was 10 years ago, and one evening I was eating dinner in the hotel dining room and someone randomly fired at the hotel. My table was against an exterior wall, right beside a window. The bullet went through the glass and passed between me and the fella sitting across the table from me. A bunch of young guys were having a little party at a house across the street, opened the window and fired one shot at the hotel, and then continued partying without giving it a second thought.

A few months after that police were called to a domestic dispute. An officer arrived at the home and began talking to the homeowner. The guy grabbed the officer’s pistol from his holster and shot him with it.

My second week back in this community (last March) I heard gunshots at 10AM in the middle of the week. The police arrived, evacuated my site and the area, there was a standoff for a few hours and the police finally had to shoot the guy, twice. They knocked him down the first time but he got back up and leveled his rifle so they shot him again.

99% of the violence and shootings here are alcohol related, so I don’t mind the ban. Booze still flows into the communities, but at least the $500 the bootlegger charges for a bottle of rum slows things down.

Can I come visit?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.