07 YZ450F USFS approved?

6 replies to this topic
  • Stroker06

Posted April 20, 2008 - 09:39 AM

I am taking delivery of my new 07 YZ450F this Tuesday. :ride: I traded my 06 WR250F. I was wondering about what I need to do to make the YZ USFS approved. I do not want to cause a fire this summer. I know I see a lot of MX style bikes on the trails and am sure that at least half of them are not set up with spark arrestors and other proper equipment.:thumbsup:
I saw a spark arrestor cone on the Yamaha website as an accessory for the YZ for like $35 or close to it. My question is can I get one of these and be o.k. or do I need a new slip on exhaust? I do not worry about the power loss too much because I am just getting off of a 250F so the 450F will probably kick my backside.

• William1

Posted April 20, 2008 - 12:44 PM

Probably have to get a ProMoto tip with an approved spark aresstor. Power loss, if any will be insignificant.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 20, 2008 - 01:39 PM

The cheapest option for a spark arrestor is a Pro Moto Billet or similar exhaust tip- the one on the Yamaha web site is probably for one of their aftermarket mufflers. That will get you USFS approved. You'll probably want to do more though- like handguards, skid plate, radiator braces, etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stroker06

Posted April 20, 2008 - 01:55 PM

I have not seen a Pro Moto Billet unit before is there a website? I do plan on doing other things like the skid plate, hand guards, etc... as soon as my wallet gains weight.

• Stupendous

Posted April 20, 2008 - 03:14 PM

TT store!

• Family Man

Posted April 20, 2008 - 08:25 PM

white brothers aluminum pro 2 comes with a removable sparky endcap, adds alot a performance gains, rips...

• cowboyona426

Posted April 21, 2008 - 12:17 PM

I have not seen a Pro Moto Billet unit before is there a website? I do plan on doing other things like the skid plate, hand guards, etc... as soon as my wallet gains weight.

Pro Moto Billet. Definitely go through the TT store for your purchase- great service and prices from my experience with them.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.