YZ tank/seat mod ?

3 replies to this topic
  • jplear

Posted May 06, 2002 - 12:14 PM

Ready for my next mod. Going with YZ tank /seat setup. Would like anyone whos done it there opinion. Positive, Negatives. Clark,IMS,Yamahas??

Tried my new Scotts Dampner yesterday and all I can say is it feel like I'm cheating.

• freestyle111

Posted May 06, 2002 - 03:12 PM

depending on type of riding you do a stock yz tank might not hold enough gas.ive owned a wr,yz,ims and ty davis tanks.if you want to know negatives of each the [ims]a little to fat still makes getting weight forward difficult,it only uses tank mount bracket on left side with 1 bolt holding tank on its not very secure.[yz stock]just to small if your going to be trail riding,[ty davis]has petcock on both sides of tank and right side petcock is very close to exhaust making difficult to route gas line. after riding bike with 4 tanks i settled on ty davis.its the narrowest tank of the 3.4gl tanks you can bolt dry break on with no modification. ive heard alot of good things about [clark tanks]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMD

Posted May 06, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Having owned both IMS and Clarke I don't think you
will have a problem with either. Ihave the 3.3 IMS
and Clarke 2.1 YZ replica.
Quality of both is excellant. The right side petcock mount on the IMS is a bit of pain with fuel hose routing and backward fuel flow lever.
The best advice I can give you is, figure out what your MPG is for an average ride. The YZ tank is so much better that once you try it you never go back :)

• Taffy

Posted May 06, 2002 - 10:57 PM

if you go with the jetting figures below your MPG will be so good you won't need the 3.3 tank.

i ran a clarke 3.3 and loved it.

but i was able to do 3 hour straight H & H!!! i was so F***** i had to be lifted off the bike. wish i'd stopped for fuel :) :D

do the jetting and stick to the 2.1 tank. if you do the jetting the bottom end is so crisp that you'll be happy with 14/48 gearing even in the biggest bog.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.