Computor fans

3 replies to this topic
  • sjclark

Posted April 19, 2008 - 03:11 PM

I've read a lot of posts of guys putting computor fans on their radiators, for extra cooling. My questions, is, how do you attach them to the rads?:thumbsup:

• William1

Posted April 19, 2008 - 05:00 PM

Many simply uise zip ties, be aware that computer fans are not water proof and have a limited life on a dirt bike. Might want to consider getting a motor vehicle specific fan instead.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRF250X Rider

Posted April 19, 2008 - 06:01 PM

My brother bought a fan specifically made to go behind the rad on his 525exc and it was real easy to install and works great. Not sure how much it was though.

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted April 19, 2008 - 07:10 PM

i used normal computer fans and they have lasted a little over a year now and have been washed and splashed with mud several times, they still work perfectly. I secured them as said before with zip ties to the radiator braces.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.