08 YZ450F Short Exhaust?

8 replies to this topic
  • Redrider37j

Posted April 18, 2008 - 09:22 PM

Hey. So this winter was pretty exciting, I finally went out and bought a brand new bike. I bought the 2008 Yz450F and I have already started buying parts for it. So far I have bought One Industries Factory White kit and new chain and sprocket. My question is, has anyone else with this bike upgraded to a White Brothers or Pro Circuit Ti-4 exhaust? I have seen some posts on here about it and some people suggest cutting one of the cones out of the stock exhaust. I think it looks really cool on there but If anyone has upgraded theirs, What kind of power increases have you noticed?

• bnyfe

Posted April 18, 2008 - 11:48 PM

Hey. So this winter was pretty exciting, I finally went out and bought a brand new bike. I bought the 2008 Yz450F and I have already started buying parts for it. So far I have bought One Industries Factory White kit and new chain and sprocket. My question is, has anyone else with this bike upgraded to a White Brothers or Pro Circuit Ti-4 exhaust? I have seen some posts on here about it and some people suggest cutting one of the cones out of the stock exhaust. I think it looks really cool on there but If anyone has upgraded theirs, What kind of power increases have you noticed?

get the Two Bros... it kicks! 7.1 hp gain. Very sweet pipe!

• MX926

Posted April 19, 2008 - 04:53 AM

check this out.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=629343

• grayracer513

Posted April 19, 2008 - 05:03 AM

It's important to note that:

> The reported power gain is at 5000 rpm; no power was gained at peak rpm of 8500

> The figures are from Two Brothers themselves

Even so, the increase in mid range (around 5000) is what the '08 needs, but virtually anything you put on the bike will give you from 3-6 more in that range.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wolfie12

Posted April 19, 2008 - 05:18 AM

While the 2 Bros. pipe reallllly woke up my 08, it also broke on the very first ride. The dealer sent it back 2 day air two weeks ago, and I still havent' gotten a repaired or replacement pipe. Now I'm getting annoyed. Anyone have any experience with this company and their customer service?

• 02YZ426

Posted April 19, 2008 - 05:36 PM

I just put the 07 stock pipe with the 08 stocker. The pipe works great, no noticeable power loss or gain.. seems to run real good with the pipe. IMO, there is nothing wrong with the 08 stocker as is.

• Redrider37j

Posted April 20, 2008 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for all the advice. 7 extra horsepower sounds pretty good to me. I think ill get the white brothers.

• Ga426owner

Posted April 20, 2008 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for all the advice. 7 extra horsepower sounds pretty good to me. I think ill get the white brothers.

7hp sounds a little high to me......and he mentioned Two Bros, not to be confused with White Bros who is now Vance & Hines. I like my White Bros (Alum Pro2)pipe but would also consider the DRD pipe

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 20, 2008 - 03:45 PM

I really like my WB AlumProII...Definite bottom end increase, and I've heard many times, "Damn, your bike sounds killer!"

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.