My New 08 YZ450F DRD pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • Chad_Yzf

Posted April 18, 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hey guys thought i would share some pictures of my new bike.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dr.d ti exhuast
JD jet kit
uni filter
Renthal R3 oring chain

The bike is awsome. This is my first thumper and i love the low end power. everything about the bike seem crisp and nible to me on the trails.

Im concerned about the jetting though. Im using a 48 pilot red needle from kit in clip 4 and a 168 main jet zip ty fuel screw at about 1.175 out. My elevation is about 900 feet. The bike has awsome power down low and mid. up top seems ok but it seems like its should be pulling a lot harder up top. Im not sure if i need to bump up on the main or not. i do have a 170 and i might put it in and see if there is a better gain up top.

Anotherthing is its not so easy to start cold. When choked i have to have the throttle cracked to start it up which is not safe. Im not sure if its becuase im not pumping the gas enough bofore start or if i need to adjust my idel Or becuase its a new bike.

I did look in the sticky thread of everyones fuel jetting but i cant seem to find anyone at 0-1000 feet running a drd pipe.

any input would be much appreciated.

• 02YZFkid

Posted April 18, 2008 - 04:24 PM

The pipe looks great on there. I was thinking about the Dr. D Ti on my 07, I hadnt seen pics of one on a bike yet though.

-Rob

• kev8131

Posted April 18, 2008 - 04:25 PM

Nice bike, I have an 07 white yz 450. Elev. I ride is about the same, 0-1500 feet. I have an FMF Q4, 165 main, 45 pilot, needle clip 4th position. Bike runs awesome and starts when cold on first or second kick. You shouldn't give the bike any throttle at all when kicking, it has an accelerator pump and will lock up or kick back. I usually give two full twists of throttle then kick with choke on when cold.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 18, 2008 - 07:29 PM

Opening the throttle slightly off idle on a cold start is not especially dangerous, particularly in neutral. But try less priming before starting cold. Having to use a little throttle often indicates the need for extra air to balance an excess of fuel. Then again, my '03 was always that way as long as I owned it.

• Chad_Yzf

Posted April 19, 2008 - 12:49 PM

I think my cold starting issues is just me now. I started the bike up today with choke and one pump and it fired right up.

I took my bike out for a ride last night with some friends. I taped a surefire flash light to my fender and did some 2 track riding. My friends noticed on decel i was poping flames all the time which looks cool but im not sure if its a tuning issue or just the a new pipe burning in.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 19, 2008 - 04:42 PM

My 07 with a WB AlumProII had some pretty crazy decel popping that went away after the first couple rides...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.