07 wr 450 exhaust

11 replies to this topic
  • blue07450

Posted April 17, 2008 - 04:42 PM

I've heard there is a way to open up my stock 450's exhaust and get more response ....something about the small inner ring:excuseme: :thumbsup:

• redswr

Posted April 17, 2008 - 07:07 PM

there is a small baffle that you can drill out... you can see the rivet in this pic Posted Image
or you can do i like i did and weld a bigger tube on it and take off the part that is inside the spark arrestor screen.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• blue07450

Posted April 19, 2008 - 12:54 PM

is that a 3/4 piece of rigid tubing.....is that legal! I'm in cali

• redswr

Posted April 19, 2008 - 07:10 PM

is that a 3/4 piece of rigid tubing.....is that legal! I'm in cali

i'm not sure what size it is... i just took the end cap to the welder and said thats the size i need. it meets the 96db sound limit still...

• Demo_Slug

Posted April 19, 2008 - 11:23 PM

.....is that legal! I'm in cali

no, :thumbsup: it technically is not 100% legal on a green sticker bike.

but.... the only thing I've seen the rangers check is for spark arrestor and for sound level. this modification won't cause you to fail either test.

for $60 dollars you can buy the same tip from promoto billet and keep your original tip in the tool box, if somebody tries to send you home, you can just put the stock one back on in 2 minuets.

but seriously, as long as you are not too loud or going to cause a fire... they don't care.

• redswr

Posted April 20, 2008 - 08:46 PM

i still have the sparky in there... i just took the piece that went into the sparky out and added a larger pipe.

edit: i missread this line from above...

the only thing I've seen the rangers check is for spark arrestor and for sound level. this modification won't cause you to fail either test.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted April 21, 2008 - 09:03 AM

i still have the sparky in there... i just took the piece that went into the sparky out and added a larger pipe.

edit: i missread this line from above...

the only thing I've seen the rangers check is for spark arrestor and for sound level. this modification won't cause you to fail either test.

yeah, I think you mod is fine.

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 21, 2008 - 01:02 PM

You can get the GYTR enlarged cap for $45... retains S/A and is still around 94db

http://www.yamaha-mo...2/0/detail.aspx

I have been very happy with it and have never had an issue when inspected:thumbsup:

• Demo_Slug

Posted April 21, 2008 - 02:20 PM

You can get the GYTR enlarged cap for $45... retains S/A and is still around 94db

http://www.yamaha-mo...2/0/detail.aspx

I have been very happy with it and have never had an issue when inspected:thumbsup:

I have the GYTR insert, my buddy on an identical 08 WR450 has the promoto... the promoto version looks nicer and has a larger diameter tube. it was a tight squeeze to get it thru the tail cap. and I think It sounds just a tiny bit deeper too. the promoto is heavier :thumbsup: ..... but, If I had a do over, I’d get the Promoto.

• timoyz1

Posted April 22, 2008 - 04:44 AM

I used a piece of .049 wall x 1 1/4" stainless for the end tube. Also, ground out last baffle and replaced those two wimpy 1/2" tubes, with one 1 1/2" SS tube. I like it alot.:thumbsup:

• blue07450

Posted April 22, 2008 - 10:37 AM

thanx guys .....TTTTTHHHHHUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPP

• blue07450

Posted April 22, 2008 - 10:42 AM

after i drill out the rivets what do i do to the holes

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.