2001 wr426f Steering Stabilizer ??

5 replies to this topic
  • boulderite

Posted April 17, 2008 - 11:06 AM

Help a wr newbie out .I am in need of information and pictures of wr's with
steering stabilizers. Any recommendations? Any info would be greatful.
Thanks

• byggd

Posted April 17, 2008 - 11:48 AM

Go with the best. Scotts! Here is one on my 02. If I had it to do again I'd do the submount.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• boulderite

Posted April 17, 2008 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for sharing byggd ,I will look at the submount option as well.

i

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted April 17, 2008 - 09:10 PM

How does that GPS setup work for you? Does the mount hold it securely enough for off road? High speed woops?

• byggd

Posted April 18, 2008 - 03:48 AM

How does that GPS setup work for you? Does the mount hold it securely enough for off road? High speed woops?

The mount only has a small tab at the top which I don't trust so I added a couple of velcro strips. I'm not what you'd call a high speed rider :thumbsup: but it had stayed put even through a couple of unexpected get-offs.

• dustdogg

Posted April 18, 2008 - 10:24 AM

I have the BRP Sub Mount with Scotts stabilizer on my 02' WR426 and I love it. All the parts are top notch and the guys over at BRP were really good to work with. While I was shopping for the stabilizer I knew that I wanted it mounted under the bars but I was concerned about having the bars up too high. After a lengthy conversation with BRP, we determined that after the rise for the stabilizer was factored in, the ProTaper Carmichael bend would end up slightly higher than my stock tripple clamp with Renthal bars. It was the perfect combo for me (I'm about 5'9")
Although It was a little pricey I would still do it again. I would recommend that you look closely at the set ups that other riders are posting and see what you like best. There is no right or wrong answer, it is personal preferance and what fits in your budget. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.