Works Connection Skid Plate

8 replies to this topic
  • slr

Posted April 17, 2008 - 10:41 AM

In the may issue of Dirt Rider there ad has a part # for 07-08 WR450. Does any one seen one or have a picture of one?

• BryanZ

Posted April 18, 2008 - 05:07 AM

It's on there web site now. Looks pretty cool.

• ckroto

Posted April 18, 2008 - 07:04 AM

I have a flatland racing alum skidplate, and I almost always(unless going to some nasty rocky stuff) put the stocker(plastic)back on. The flatland is nice, but it is just so bulky and heavy. That works connection plate looks amazing! Quite expensive, but it looks great. Anyone want to buy a Flatland?...ha, ha:ride:

• slr

Posted April 18, 2008 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Bryanz.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • anathema

Posted April 19, 2008 - 07:33 AM

Looks not bad:
Posted Image

But there seems to be very little strength in those side areas as it does sharp bend and does not bow out. If you got a direct rock hit on one of those tiny tabs up top I imagine it would just cave in and hit the engine.

Compare to TT store skid plate:
Posted Image

Less than half the price and I bet much stronger.

• jandmsuburban7

Posted April 19, 2008 - 09:29 AM

My friends and I have the Flatland for ours and we have put them to the test. They hold up real well and have saved our bikes well. I only dont like the connecting pieces so I welded them on my bike so removal of the bash plate is simple and I dont have to fiddle with mating the bolts to nuts. Jason

• KennyMc

Posted April 19, 2008 - 10:58 AM

Looks not bad:
Posted Image

But there seems to be very little strength in those side areas as it does sharp bend and does not bow out. If you got a direct rock hit on one of those tiny tabs up top I imagine it would just cave in and hit the engine.

Compare to TT store skid plate:
Posted Image

Less than half the price and I bet much stronger.

Exactly what I was thinking. My Flatland plate has been great.:thumbsup:

• Kirkster

Posted April 19, 2008 - 01:37 PM

I love my flatland plate. Took a lot of abuse at Hatfield a couple of weeks ago without any bends...

Posted Image

And it completely covers the front so no dirt comes in over the top like the factory shove (and the yamaha one also)

Posted Image

• WR_Dave

Posted April 20, 2008 - 06:33 AM

The Works plate is very nice but at $200 it is a bit too pricey for me. Check this thread for how a flatland or Utah plate can get modded to protect the rear of the frame rails from rock damage as well. It looks like the Works Connection guys were paying attention. A little extra work for us, but a cheaper alternative -- WR Dave http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=475387

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.