wr450 ignition light on after start help

4 replies to this topic
  • Pete Thomo

Posted April 17, 2008 - 05:22 AM

hi anybody had this problem with there bikes when i press the ignition switch on the light goes on as normal but stays on when the bike is started

• William1

Posted April 17, 2008 - 07:05 AM

The light is supposed to go out when the stator is generating power. Put a voltmeter on the battery with the bike off, take a reading. Start the bike and rev it up, does the voltage rise? If so, the stator is OK and probably the circuitry in the on/off switch is kerfluwy (danger-tech term).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pete Thomo

Posted April 20, 2008 - 07:25 AM

thank mate i have tried a meter and the volts do not rise so you think its the stator not working also swoped switch no different

• William1

Posted April 20, 2008 - 07:45 AM

Stator, rectifier/regulator, bad wire or connector possibly. Get you manual out and begin the troubleshooting steps.

• Pete Thomo

Posted April 28, 2008 - 08:21 PM

yep found the problem wire burnt out on the rectifier reconected it back up and works as good as new thanks for your help so simple to do but it had me stressed for weeks thanks again

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.