08' YZF450 Pro Moto Billet Endo review

10 replies to this topic
  • XRYoda

Posted April 16, 2008 - 09:16 PM

I got a chance to try my PMB endo/spark arrester for the 08' shorty exhaust and am happy that I bought one. The 08' endo is a bit different than any other PMB that I have seen, as it comes with a removable silencer cone.. which mimics the stock exhaust(but looks less restrictive from stock). The diameter of the opening of the PMB endo looks larger than stock by about 20 percent. I have only had a chance to use the endo without the silencer cone but with the SA screen installed. Riding the bike without the silencer cone but with the spark arrester screen in had a noticeable increase in power and sound. Revs out a bit longer and has better low end, by the seat of the pants. I would guess that it is 100 db without the silencer cone, but surely a lot quieter than an open mx exhaust. I would guess that there still would be a decent power increase using the silencer cone insert over stock, as the design looks less restrictive, but have yet to try it.
The PMB endo is a relativly inexpensive fix for the shorty exhaust, not as performance oriented as a full exhaust but isa good option and has adjustability.

Yoda'

• 08Yamee450

Posted April 16, 2008 - 09:26 PM

how did you get yours already? I am still waiting for mine.

• XRYoda

Posted April 17, 2008 - 05:59 AM

I needed a spark arrester for an event and emailed the guys.. They were still waiting on the silencer cone but shipped me one out a few days early without the cone. Pretty nice of them. I didnt want to buy a new pipe just for one event because I like the idea of the Endo, have used them before. The cone is on the way now...

Yoda"

• grayracer513

Posted April 17, 2008 - 08:23 AM

...I have only had a chance to use the endo without the silencer cone but with the SA screen installed. Riding the bike without the silencer cone but with the spark arrester screen in had a noticeable increase in power and sound. Revs out a bit longer and has better low end, by the seat of the pants. I would guess that it is 100 db without the silencer cone, but surely a lot quieter than an open mx exhaust. I would guess that there still would be a decent power increase using the silencer cone insert over stock, as the design looks less restrictive, but have yet to try it. ...

Would you say the noise level was on a par with something like the '07 stock exhaust?

• gerbrony450

Posted April 17, 2008 - 08:24 AM

hopefully i will get mine before the weekend. I ordered the silent insert as well as the endo cap. Curious to see if she blows under 96db with the silent plug. thanks for the review

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRYoda

Posted April 17, 2008 - 05:26 PM

Hey Gray, I am not familiar with the 07 stocker sound level, but the sound level with the insert is not obnoxious at all. Defiantly louder than the stock 08', but the 08 is very quiet. Remember, this is without the silencer cone in it. I'm sure that adding the silencer cone will put it under 99db and will still have a bit of performance gain over stock.

Yoda'

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 17, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Do they offer the turn down quiet insert like the do for the other PMB endos?

If so, I think running the endcap without the cone, but with the quiet insert would be a good compromise.

• XRYoda

Posted April 17, 2008 - 05:55 PM

It looks like the turn down quiet insert would fit.. Im sure it does. Yeah, that might be a good compromise.

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 17, 2008 - 07:38 PM

It looks like the turn down quiet insert would fit.. Im sure it does. Yeah, that might be a good compromise.

Because I know the turn down doesn't kill performance on other models. The cone sounds like it does a good job hurting the power.

Off to find an '08 full system. I like the way it hides behind the # plate. Worst case scnario it performs marginally better than a PMB'd WR exhaust but loses some weight and doesn't stick out a mile :thumbsup:

• tribalbc

Posted June 09, 2008 - 08:53 AM

Because I know the turn down doesn't kill performance on other models. The cone sounds like it does a good job hurting the power.

Off to find an '08 full system. I like the way it hides behind the # plate. Worst case scnario it performs marginally better than a PMB'd WR exhaust but loses some weight and doesn't stick out a mile :busted:

Believe me you will find it preforms a whole lot better than a PMB'd WR.
And the size does rule :busted:

So XRYoda are you saying the PMB with silencer cone is going to be louder than stock at the supposed 96db ?
I've had sound issues already with my 08 YZ system on my WR at offroad races. Test's seem pretty inconsistent, sometimes 96db, sometimes 98db.
I need to deal with the SA issue and I would like to be below 96db but I don't want any loss on the low end power.
I was hoping one of these PMB's would be the fix :thumbsup:

• XRYoda

Posted June 09, 2008 - 05:15 PM

It is tough to say if the PMB with the silencer cone is louder than a stock exhaust. My guess is that they are the same. Both pretty quiet. To quiet the pipe even more, PMB has a down turn "endo" which directs the exhaust down to the ground. I don't think that they do anything to performance, just quit the bike additionally. I do know that the PMB w/o the silencer cone but with the spark arrester screen is more powerful than the stock 08' pipe. A nice option to have. It is also louder than the stock pipe w/o the cone inserted, but not by a whole lot.
By the time you buy the PMB and the additional endo, it may not be much more $ for a slip on that is quieter. I like the PMB for all of the different configurations that I can set it up for.

Yoda'

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.