Wiseco gave up the Ghost *Nasty Pics*

48 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted April 17, 2008 - 08:42 PM

peoples pistons break in half on here all the time....

Can you link to an example of that? I don't seem to remember it. I remember wrist pins breaking (3 altogether), but not pistons.

• Birdy426

Posted April 17, 2008 - 08:56 PM

I've used Wiseco pistons in every bike I've owned (20 years worth of riding) and I've never had a problem. Do you think I'm lucky? :thumbsup:

Me too. Lots of miles on the 13.5:1 444 piston already...How about yours, 642?

• 642MX

Posted April 18, 2008 - 01:55 AM

Me too. Lots of miles on the 13.5:1 444 piston already...How about yours, 642?

Its still sitting in the garage........ Its been too wet since the first of the year, but it may be dry enough Sunday. :thumbsup:

• almostinvincible119

Posted April 18, 2008 - 07:12 AM

Can you link to an example of that? I don't seem to remember it. I remember wrist pins breaking (3 altogether), but not pistons.

sorry, i meant wristpins

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted April 18, 2008 - 07:19 AM

the clip opening was straight up. the clip failed. it had to

If I'm remembering correctly, the opening is supposed to be pointing down on the clips.

• 642MX

Posted April 18, 2008 - 08:12 AM

If I'm remembering correctly, the opening is supposed to be pointing down on the clips.

I've heard that before, that the clip gap needs to be on the top or bottom, but not facing left or right. I've put them in with the gap facing all directions and never had a problem. If Wiseco wanted them in a certain direction, then the instructions would say which way.

• grayracer513

Posted April 18, 2008 - 09:15 AM

There is a small difference in the amount of decelerative force placed on the clip ends at TDC vs. BDC, and whether 12:00 or 6:00 is a better place to locate the ends of the clip is arguable. But either is better than any other position.

• tnat1

Posted April 18, 2008 - 09:22 AM

I dont know if you havent noticed but almost every factory team runs a wiseco (JE)piston in their race bikes. You think they like pistons that break in half? Apparently yours is an anomaly:excuseme:

The difference is that they change them out every race.

• Wiz636

Posted April 18, 2008 - 09:56 AM

I have used Wiseco with no problems but I typically go with OEM pistons.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.