Please Help!!! Broken Yz426

11 replies to this topic
  • yamaha_mx_13

Posted April 15, 2008 - 01:07 PM

My 2000 Yamaha YZ426F quit on me while i was riding. I was riding in a field for about 30 minutes and my bike made a metal sliding against metal sound for about one and a half seconds then shut off. I kicked the kickstarter lever twice, the third time it felt like it had an ungodly amount of compression, now i cant get the lever to go down at all, even with all my weight jumping on it. Im not a racer, and i dont constantly beat the hell out of the bike i just roll around in 1st and 2nd gear, maybe even 3rd. im thinkin my piston rings are fried. what do you think it is, and what should get to fix it?

• grayracer513

Posted April 15, 2008 - 01:19 PM

Most likely?

Big end seizure

Cam seizure and/or

Cams jumped time and/or

bent valves

Time to open it up and have a look.

• yamaha_mx_13

Posted April 15, 2008 - 05:24 PM

Most likely?

Big end seizure

Cam seizure and/or

Cams jumped time and/or

bent valves

Time to open it up and have a look.

When i open it up what should i look for

• 642MX

Posted April 15, 2008 - 06:36 PM

Pull the head and cylinder. Then try to rotate the crankshaft. And I bet you'll find the problem.

• biznet1

Posted April 16, 2008 - 02:10 AM

I'm not trying to be a smart @ss, but if you have to ask you probably should have a bike mechanic do it.

• ERIC TREADWAY

Posted June 03, 2008 - 10:55 AM

ur timiong chain jumped

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted June 03, 2008 - 01:55 PM

ur timiong chain jumped

Wow, so sure of that one are we?? Take what Gray says to heart....could be any of them. Metal to metal "sliding" is better than a "crunch" or a "bang" I guess....open 'er up and see what you find.

• yamihoo2

Posted June 03, 2008 - 02:04 PM

It sounds expensive, thats for sure

• YZMICHAEL

Posted June 17, 2008 - 05:40 PM

YZ426's are known for pushing the crankshaft through the bottom of the casing!! Or the crankshaft seizing up. most likely you jumped time.

• 642MX

Posted June 18, 2008 - 04:20 AM

YZ426's are known for pushing the crankshaft through the bottom of the casing!!

Your kidding? The whole crank through the cases....... :thumbsup:

• kubamtx

Posted June 18, 2008 - 05:41 AM

Only yzf 400 are known from pushing their rods through the cases not 426.

• grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2008 - 07:56 AM

The same guy who told him a 450 cam wouldn't work probably told him that. Just guessing.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.