carby overflow tubes. water Xing

3 replies to this topic
  • skippy

Posted May 04, 2002 - 05:31 PM


When i go through deep & long creek crossings the bike -wr400 99- stops.
I remember reading somewhere here that T pieces have to be used on some of the carby overflow tubes.
Can anybody tell me which tubes & how it is done.
Thanks in advance.

  • blue_beast_wins

Posted May 04, 2002 - 07:47 PM


Had the same problem with my 426, on each side of the carby there are two hoses that come out from the same points, take the two that point upwards and zip tye them to the frame underneath the tank this fixes the problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_S

Posted May 04, 2002 - 11:55 PM


PC Racing makes the kit. It has 4 "T's". and a small box that you put in the air box, but just find 2 "T's", and put them on the top 2 hoses commoing off the carb. also, re-route your crank breather to a higher place. If you have to try to re start your bike and the end of the breather tube is under water, you supposedly will suck in water.

  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 05, 2002 - 12:27 AM


You WILL suck H20 into your top end...I did it and have damaged my cylinder~! :)


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.