How many of you gents are from Utah?

50 replies to this topic
  • ogrebelle

Posted December 06, 2002 - 08:45 AM

Just found this thread, nice to know there are others local. I live in Clinton, UT and ride a 2000 WR400. I ran out of riding partners so am definatley interested in putting something together. As with r1superstar I am not all that into the dunes, but will do them. I am more into mountain, single-track, 2-track, & desert. Let me know when you put something together.

• mrmoto

Posted December 06, 2002 - 10:18 AM

Bill. Still planning a ride at Jericho on Monday? I have a couple of people who might be able to come also.

- Eric

• pedman

Posted December 06, 2002 - 02:56 PM

Yes, I am still working on this. I should know more by tomorrow night. Sorry for the last minute thing.

Jericho may or may not happen, if we bail on Jericho it would probably be either Five Mile or Knolls.

• mrmoto

Posted December 07, 2002 - 07:53 AM

5 mi pass is conveniently close to my house. Knolls would be fun also. Thanks for keeping me posted.

• mrmoto

Posted December 08, 2002 - 01:01 PM

Hey Bill... the bike's been oiled and I think I've roosted everyones front lawn. Hope the rides still on for somewhere. If nothing else, 5mi pass would work out throttle twisting needs. My cell is 836-5246.

If you're out there Dave... and you're insterested. Let's do a ride. I've been trying to put something together with Bill. Might be 5mi pass or the Knolls. Monday afternoon is supposed to be the warmest day this week at 48 degrees.

• pedman

Posted December 08, 2002 - 01:28 PM

:) We are planning on a 8:00am departure from Sandy and we are headed to Cherry Creek, by Jericho. At this time I do know of about 5 people going, and it is changing every minute. :D I honestly do not know where we will be, but I can say we will be on the outside of the park. We will be in a Chevy 2500HD Dark Green, but I am thinking that I may be in my White Expedition too.

I 've got your number and will give you a call later about 7:30pm. I should know just about everything then. If you know of a good meeting spot down there let me know.

Talk to you soon.... :D

• tigerowner_ut

Posted December 08, 2002 - 02:10 PM

Sorry guys, I won't be attending this trip. Mondays are bad for me. Have fun!

• mrmoto

Posted December 12, 2002 - 06:44 AM

If the weather holds... Anyone interestd in riding 5mi pass next week Friday or Saturday? December 20 or 21st? Send me an email at

By the way, last week's ride at Jericho was fantastic. We rode the trails at Cherry Creek. Unbelievable warm weather for December. I could ride those trails over and over and over...

• pedman

Posted December 12, 2002 - 07:42 AM

Sorry Eric, This pains me, but I am committed both days.

However I am still thinking of a ride back to Cherry Creek and Little Sahara during the Christmas break if this weather holds out. :)

• mrmoto

Posted December 12, 2002 - 09:34 AM

Bill, I'll ride with you whenever you decide to go ride Cherry Creek again. That was great fun. Keep me posted when you finalize your plans.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrmoto

Posted December 23, 2002 - 11:50 AM

Bill - Christmas is bringing a new rear tire and a trailtech enduro computer... can't wait to ride again. Any plans over the holidays? I checked the weather, it'll be around 40 degrees at Cherry Creek for the next week. Warm enough for me. Let me know if you're interested and what your schedule looks like. I may not be online often during the holidays so call me on my cell at 836-5246.
- Eric.

• pedman

Posted December 23, 2002 - 07:55 PM

MrMoto, Hope you get this before the Holidays....

Schedule puts us at Little Sahara on the 26th :) This time we will plan on going in the park and paying the fee this time :D

I'll watch the post, but I will plan on calling you on the 24th just in case. :D

• mrmoto

Posted December 27, 2002 - 08:17 AM

Anyone out there want to ride 5 mi pass tomorrow. Weatherman says 44 degrees with a possibility of light rain late in the afternoon. Maybe 11:00am until we get tired. Reply here or give me a call if you're interested 836-5246.
- Eric

• pedman

Posted December 27, 2002 - 06:00 PM

I was just talking about it. Were trying to head out by 11:00am. I'll look for your in the main parking lot.... :)

• Extreme_Diesel

Posted December 28, 2002 - 05:32 PM

:D Count me in! Let's keep this thread going because I desperately need to get out riding. It's been a while because I havn't had anyone to go with for a long time. Sunday is the best day for me, but any will do as long as I have a couple of days notice.

My e-mail is

My cell # is 556-8082. Call any time!

Happy new year! My new year's resolution for 2003 is to get out riding more than 5 times this year. Let's make it happen every weekend! Rock on!
Chris :)

• mrmoto

Posted January 03, 2003 - 11:32 AM

Weather looks pretty good tomorrow... Any riding plans? Buzz me on my cell at 836-5246 if you're putting together a ride anytime soon.
- Eric

• blackie

Posted January 06, 2003 - 03:55 AM

I am in Draper. Ride most everywhere in Utah. The coolest place to go now is down to St. George for the weekend. Endless trails, cool dunes and warmer weather! You can stop by the St. George BLM office and they will show you all of the cool places to take your bike, and they are open on Saturdays.

• pedman

Posted January 06, 2003 - 07:20 AM

Hey Blackie,

Scott is still smiling :) today, he can not wait to get out and ride. I hope to ride with you sometime in the future. I try to let every one know the schedule with some advance notice.

Take Care :D

• mrmoto

Posted January 06, 2003 - 01:19 PM

Hey Bill, got your message on Saturday. Hope you had a good ride. I'd sure like to get back out to Cherry Creek as soon as the weather is good enough. Let's ride soon.
- Eric

• r1superstar

Posted January 16, 2003 - 06:47 PM

Alright gents!! Let's get it together. We need to plan a Thumpertalk gathering Utah style. Any ideas?? LMK.............db
330-7886 danny :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.