New to Thumper Talk...

3 replies to this topic
  • Wetfoot

Posted November 13, 2002 - 02:44 PM

I just bought an '02 WR426F and I am interested in learning more abouth the free mods. When uncorking the pipe, do I need to rejet?

Any advise on how to get the most out of my new bike would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• machoman_#618

Posted November 13, 2002 - 02:55 PM

try the search button and type in free mods

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted November 13, 2002 - 02:57 PM

You will not need to rejet with the pipe core pulled. Pull the cover off your air box you dont need or want it, except when washing it or transporting/trailering it in heavy rain, keep that filter dry.
Check the bottom of the main index for archives, things you will want to look for, throttle stop mod, this is a must as the throttle is only opening 1/4. You can unscrew the stop and cut it to length with dremeltool / hack saw, look in the archives for the correct length These 3 mods will get the bike back to normal, running as it was intended to. Other mods include yz timing, bk mod, grey wire(debatable whether it does anything) And rejetting with a new pipe.
I would do the first 3 mods, get used to the bike and tweak on it later when you have the bike figured out.
Good luck

• Bryan Bosch

Posted November 14, 2002 - 05:55 AM

Welcome to TT! Take your coat off and stay for a while. Definately checkout our "search" feature. Also, go to www.thumpertalk.com and look for the motoman393/TT site. Tons of great info for you there. Cheers!

Bryan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.