1999 YZ 250 rim on 2006 wr450??

2 replies to this topic
  • jandmsuburban7

Posted April 14, 2008 - 11:26 AM

:thumbsup: Hey anyone, If I buy a 1999 YZ 250 wheel will it fit perfect on my 2006 wr450 or am I barking up the wrong tree. I want a clean fit but dont know if it is. Anyone know for sure?? Thanks, Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 89TRX350RX

Posted April 14, 2008 - 12:03 PM

I believe the 1999 and up yz/f wr's etc rear rims all run the 22mm axle therefore they should fit... Try looking up a bearing kit from MSR or something like that to see if the kits are the same for the year of rim you are looking at... Just a thought

Jamie

• Frostbite

Posted April 14, 2008 - 12:37 PM

:thumbsup: Hey anyone, If I buy a 1999 YZ 250 wheel will it fit perfect on my 2006 wr450 or am I barking up the wrong tree. I want a clean fit but dont know if it is. Anyone know for sure?? Thanks, Jason

I have installed YZ wheels on my WR400, and the rear wheels fit perfectly on my 07 WR 450. One thing to check is the width of the rim. It's usually engraved on the rim near the tire bead. The YZ 250 wheel is probably OK, but I bought a YZ 125 wheel listed as a perfect replacement, and the rim was narrower.

The front wheel on my 07 WR450 is different than the spare wheels I had. the bearings in the 07 are narrower and the seals are different. It was easy for me to put the older wheel on the 450. The new bearing and seal are roughly the same width as the old seal, so I popped the bearing and seal out of one side of the new wheel and installed it in the old, and then it fit perfectly, except I have 2 wheel bearings on 1 side now

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.