2009 yz has got a big muffler again

11 replies to this topic
  • Pukeballs

Posted April 14, 2008 - 11:13 AM

Looks like Yamaha dumped the shorty pipe installed on the '08's and went back to a full size pipe. Looks pretty big from the pictures. Also a new swingarm.

Posted Image

You can see the rest of the pics here. http://www.transworl...eNbr=0&typeID=1

• grayracer513

Posted April 14, 2008 - 11:24 AM

The bike in question is a Japanese model, and no indication of what will actually be shipped here. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the negative feedback on the shorty has reached home, though.

• TimFurryBalls

Posted April 14, 2008 - 05:22 PM

So much for "slimmer, lighter, hydro-formed swing arm. . . "! Wasn't that all the rage for most of the Japanese bikes for so long?! I'm thinking they're trying to get the effect Reed was looking for when he welded a spar across the bottom of his swing arm.

• 02YZFkid

Posted April 15, 2008 - 08:19 AM

The header pipe does have a bulge in it like the FMF power bomb's do though. I wonder how much of an effect that will have on power/sound.

• grayracer513

Posted April 15, 2008 - 08:56 AM

The header pipe does have a bulge in it like the FMF power bomb's do though. I wonder how much of an effect that will have on power/sound.

Probably none in the US market. They had that exhaust on Japanese and Euro/Aussie models since '06, but they've never sold it here.

• Unibomber

Posted April 15, 2008 - 09:00 AM

Dollar late, i was going to post this but it appears you beat me too it :thumbsup: Good Work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jacob293

Posted April 15, 2008 - 02:36 PM

i believe that the 2008 canadian model had the long exhaust. Just because it is on that bike doesnt mean it will be on the 09's

• intensem1rider

Posted April 15, 2008 - 03:16 PM

i believe that the 2008 canadian model had the long exhaust. Just because it is on that bike doesnt mean it will be on the 09's

Nope, wrong. We/Canada get everything the US gets, just double the price..grrrrrrr.

• ktm111

Posted April 15, 2008 - 03:23 PM

If you go and read the article on the 2009 spy photos from Japan, the head of Yamaha told them to expect big changes in 2010, so it will be at least another year. As far as the long muffler goes, the factory bike of Akria Narita doesn't have nearly as long of a muffler, so I am sure that they are trying a few different things to see which on works best.

• DPW

Posted April 15, 2008 - 06:34 PM

Just because it is on that bike doesnt mean it will be on the 09's

bingo!!

• 642MX

Posted April 15, 2008 - 06:38 PM

Has anybody seen a throttle body on the 09?......

• btray

Posted April 17, 2008 - 08:47 AM

I believe I read no EFI on any of the yamaha's

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.