Rekluse Clutch on 2007/2008 WR450

9 replies to this topic
  • thedktor

Posted April 14, 2008 - 05:24 AM

Hi, has anyone used one on the newer WR?

Ref my other thread I am considering getting a new WR450 cos I love the punch, but the bike is a bit over-powering in the slow stuff and this could be the answer.

Feedback welcome!

• tweav

Posted April 14, 2008 - 03:15 PM

I have a rekluse pro in my 07 wr450 . it helps alot because I've got very high gearing for road use , so it helps alot in the tight stuff.:thumbsup:

• thedktor

Posted April 15, 2008 - 06:07 AM

OK, interesting as I want to raise the gearing a bit as well, what are you running? For me going from stock 13-50 to 14-50 should be enough.

• Seabass

Posted April 15, 2008 - 07:14 AM

I have a rekluse pro in my 07 wr450 . it helps alot because I've got very high gearing for road use , so it helps alot in the tight stuff.:thumbsup:

Doesn't lugging the motor with an auto clutch cause excessive heat build up? It's one of the main reasons I'm hesitant on installing a Rekluse. One of the reasons I like 4 strokes so much is the lug factor!

• tweav

Posted April 15, 2008 - 11:36 AM

right now I'm running 15-44 on my supermoto setup . I run a 15 -50 with my dirt rims . and yes the bike does get warm when cutting a trail , but I mostly think that is the lack of moving air . I also have a vapor speedometer on mine . it has a temp guage and a warning light so if it does start to get hot , I shut it down . this has happened once , but I don't think it would not have got hot if I had been moving faster then a slow walking pace

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cpr1

Posted April 15, 2008 - 03:57 PM

I can't say enough about Rekluse auto clutches. I have one on my 04 WR450 and it turned my "handfull" of a bike into a MUCH better tight woods machine. I could never go back to standard clutch now. I'm running a 15-47 gearing combo and it's perfect for my dualsport type riding that I do.:thumbsup:

And no, I haven't had any heat issues since I've been running the Rekluse clutch.:thumbsup:

• pcmech2

Posted April 16, 2008 - 06:53 AM

I think indy or frosty had a thread where they made an oil cooler and tucked behind the radiator. .......http://www.thumperta....ght=oil cooler

• tweav

Posted April 16, 2008 - 04:35 PM

as I said before overheating is not a real problem if you are moving I only got my 205 temp warning light not the red 230 light . I just turned it off while I pulled it over a pile of fallen trees when I restarted it it read 145 , and I was on my way.:thumbsup: :ride: :rant:

as far as an engine oil cooler on a 07+ wr it is not a bolt on . I've made a external oil tank for mine out of a skidplate . But to hook it up you need to modify both the oil filter cover and the side cover by drilling and tapping them both . the side cover will also require the oil port going to the oil filter to be drill and tapped then blocked

• SXP

Posted April 17, 2008 - 01:26 AM

Just to clear up a misconception: Having a Rekluse on your bike (I have one on my WR400) is no excuse for not being in the right gear for the speed - just as you should be with a regular clutch. If you are not in the right gear for the speed you are at, the clutch will just slip, which means you are burning up the discs/plates and generating a lot of heat. Having said that, when riding in conditions that requires fanning/slipping the clutch, as in really tight, rocky conditions, the Rekluse does that so seamlessly and smoothly, it's akin to cheating.

• thedktor

Posted April 18, 2008 - 12:33 AM

Thanks all for the replies.

Gonna give the bike a few rides and see how I get on, but have kept aside some money for a Rekluse as an option.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.