Hmmmm!

5 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR426

Posted May 03, 2002 - 05:53 PM

I've been keeping a record on conditions when and how I foul a plug. Turns out I foul when two conditions come up. Cold = in the hi 40's and also when I'm running Twin air filter!... Anybody else notice this? Perhap's it's time for the blue wire mod..

SoCal

• Guy

Posted May 04, 2002 - 12:21 AM

:) OK someone pass me the Spoon over there! (To stir with !)
SoCal...perhaps it's time to consider.......a small RE-Jet.....(Cue....Groans, wailing and gnashing of teeth! LOL)
I run from about -10 C (dont know in F) to aboutmid 80's-90's F (Dont know in C) without fouling or messing with my jetting at all, no blue wire mod, no worrying if I oil my filter a tad much, just get on and ride...
OK, just let me get my fire-proof suit on and...LET the flaming commence! :D

• SoCalWR426

Posted May 04, 2002 - 06:46 PM

Not to worry Guy, no flames here. I am running a 00 YZF needle on 2nd setting with 45 pilot and 168mj.. pilot (stock) is too wee, resulting in lean condition. if anything I might have to go up on the mj to 170 as my top end is somewhat flat, but bike runs awesome. as I mentioned,the only time I have a problem is with the twin air and cold temp. Running stock filter in the same conditions has never given me a problem. I have the needle that Taffy,JD,Yamakazi sugested (EMN?) but it wacked out my jetting completely, and I did not feel at the time like starting over from scratch. Perhaps I will re-visit that project later.

SoCal

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: SoCalWR426 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted May 05, 2002 - 04:49 AM

:) SoCal, not really wanting to start all this jetting nonsense again BUT, something for you to think about, if you foul a plug in the cold with your twin air in, essentially it is too rich..... so if you go up to a 170 to sort your top end it will be richer still...yes? so in theory you will foul sooner cos your richer.
IF you TRY a smaller MAJ ie a 170 like I'm running,instead of the stock 200, you will find that your top is vastly improved, you will still be on a 168 so your fouling shouldn't be any worse.
This is just my experience of these Da*n thigs but for the cost of a MAJ and the 10 mins or so fitting, it just could be worth a try :D

• SoCalWR426

Posted May 05, 2002 - 05:19 AM

Originally posted by Guy:
:) SoCal,something for you to think about, if you foul a plug in the cold with your twin air in, essentially it is too rich.( I agree 100%) so if you go up to a 170 to sort your top end it will be richer still...yes? (again I agree 100%) so in theory you will foul sooner cos your richer. (yep! that is my dilema, again I agree 100%)
IF you TRY a smaller MAJ ie a 170 like I'm running,instead of the stock 200, you will find that your top is vastly improved, you will still be on a 168 so your fouling shouldn't be any worse. (Hmmm, I will give that a shot! Thanks Guy) :D

SoCal

• Guy

Posted May 05, 2002 - 08:29 AM

:) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.