Thanks for the New "Old" bike

11 replies to this topic
  • b--man426

Posted April 13, 2008 - 05:09 PM

I would like to thank you all, I learned alot surfing here -- woodruff key, clutch problems, 5 vs. 4 speed, starting problems, clutch problems, differences with model years, mods, reliability, ect. I started looking with my new found knowledge and my small budget -- $1,700 ( kids college bills soon---grrr). I looked at alot of different years and bikes in different degrees of condition. I finally found the bike that was perfect for me. The bike is a very clean and completely stock 01 426, I think this bike will be a very reliable machine that will serve me well. I'm so looking forward to getting back in the saddle -- been along time since I had my old favorite Yami (WR500). I'm looking forward to the wrenching and getting to know the machine. Again I would like to thank you all for the help by posting and agreeing to dis-agree sometimes too - lol

Thanks, b--man426
Posted Image

• mxengineer4

Posted April 13, 2008 - 05:35 PM

Congrats on the 426! Looks like it is in excellent conditon too. Man only $1700...that is what a new TTR-110 costs! Have fun on your new toy and keep putting money in that college fund too!

• DeeCee

Posted April 13, 2008 - 05:41 PM

I started out with a new 'old' bike in October last year, a '98 YZ400f in fact.

I ride desert and have found this bike ideal for my purpose. Once I sorted the carburettor tuning it has been super reliable, starts easy, and great to ride.

I am sure you will find you have made a good choice. This forum is very useful, lots of good information and tips. If you scroll back into the earlier pages you will find a lot of posts on 426's. The advantage of the 'older' machine is that the problems have been identified and sorted so generally there is an answer to an issue posted somewhere in this forum.

• MaxPower

Posted April 13, 2008 - 05:46 PM

[COLOR="Green"]was that bike hidden in a time capsule? It looks fresh as the day it came out of the dealership.
I have more scratches on my bike before I get home with the new bike
Good Luck
If you were one of the 2 people that liked a WR500, you are going to fall in love with this bike
Congradulations[/COLOR]

• b--man426

Posted April 13, 2008 - 06:08 PM

Thanks guys

And yes I did enjoy that "ping" monster -- loved the hit after jetting it forever--hated that.

b--man

another pic of the 426
Posted Image

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted April 13, 2008 - 06:16 PM

I wish i could get mine that clean!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Norman

Posted April 13, 2008 - 06:22 PM

Man, thats unbelievably clean.

• b--man426

Posted April 13, 2008 - 06:23 PM

I am sure you will find you have made a good choice. This forum is very useful, lots of good information and tips. If you scroll back into the earlier pages you will find a lot of posts on 426's. The advantage of the 'older' machine is that the problems have been identified and sorted so generally there is an answer to an issue posted somewhere in this forum.

I really like this advantage -- pretty much know what to expect and what to do with a little looking.

b--man426

• nap__kxf

Posted April 14, 2008 - 04:53 AM

that looks cleaner than my 07...and i wash it after every ride :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted April 14, 2008 - 05:46 AM

Clean hell....thats brand new:thumbsup:

• 08Yamee450

Posted April 14, 2008 - 08:59 AM

The paint isnt even rubbed off the frame or engine covers. That's unbelieveable. Great looking bike, and congrats on the find!

• DoctorDemento

Posted April 14, 2008 - 09:11 AM

Picked up my '00 YZ426 a month ago for $1750 and it needs a fair amount of work. You got a smokin' deal! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.