change the oil

6 replies to this topic
  • longfellow628

Posted April 13, 2008 - 01:13 PM

I have a 08 wr450 when is a good time to change oil after break in I have 35 miles on the bike. and what is everyone using brand and wieght.

• mauigrom23

Posted April 13, 2008 - 01:16 PM

keep in mind friend, every one has a different opinion on this one. i use rotella t 15w40, and change it every 3-4 hours. no problems so far, and i ride A LOT. however, everyone is going to have a different idea on this one, and they could be right. unfortunately i won't know for sure until i pull my top end apart.

• RickSanson

Posted April 13, 2008 - 04:11 PM

I like this guy's opinions!

http://www.mototuneu..._in_secrets.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • storm 800

Posted April 13, 2008 - 07:51 PM

I use Amsoil 10w40 motorcycle oil! Used it in my 2000 WR400 since new. Never a problem.

• wartsnuff

Posted April 14, 2008 - 08:27 AM

I have a 08 wr450 when is a good time to change oil after break in I have 35 miles on the bike. and what is everyone using brand and wieght.

I am using 10W40 normal oil... did it about 75 km's and doing again tonight.

then i will switch to mobile 1 20w50 for the hot summer.

and change as often as possible and clean the air filter as often as possible..

not to hijack, what oil you guys using for your air filters ?

cheers
Warts

• TheBlackSheep

Posted April 14, 2008 - 09:14 AM

If you haven't changed the oil yet, you should right now. 35 miles is plenty for a break-in oil change. After that, every 10 hours. Go get a hour meter. They aren't expensive ($40) I ride a lot and change my oil every 10 hours. I use Motul 5100 10W40. I ride 2-3 times a week and everytime I go out, I have a freash air filter also. The most important things to these bikes is clean air and fresh oil.

............ bahhh :thumbsup:

• simica

Posted April 14, 2008 - 06:50 PM

I also use Amsoil and think its great!* I agree with about every 10 hours, but I change the oil filter every other oil change.* As far as air filters, I use Ready Filters.* Two years of using them and no problems. Almost makes air filter change fun!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.