08 yz450f Good tire?

8 replies to this topic
  • Joerider07

Posted April 13, 2008 - 11:21 AM

I mostly ride in my field which is grass and in the woods on trails etc. What would be a really good set of tires (front & rear)?

• Family Man

Posted April 13, 2008 - 12:53 PM

I reaLLY like the dunlop 756 tires, they do wear out faster than a 952 but they hook up great for me. I feel like I have superpowers with the 756 as opposed to the 952. However the 952 lasts alot longer, especially when you hit the pavement. They ar both good tires, I guess it depends if you want optimum traction or longer where. I would recommend going with you stock tire size.

• Joerider07

Posted April 13, 2008 - 02:49 PM

Ok thanks, Yeah they do get good traction on grass and all i was just wondering if there was a tire that was way better for the kind of riding i do.

• pcmech2

Posted April 13, 2008 - 02:55 PM

Have you ever tried a teraflex? www.mandhtires.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joerider07

Posted April 13, 2008 - 04:03 PM

Never even heard of those. They look pretty bad lol. Looks like something i would put on my bike to go mudding!:thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted April 13, 2008 - 04:39 PM

For the rear check out the Kenda Washougal Sticky...holds up very good and hooks up in a wide variety terrain. I have been a Dunlop guy for awhile, but they wear down too quick for me.

• Joerider07

Posted April 13, 2008 - 05:01 PM

Already ill try them out when my 756 wears out.

• flintlock28

Posted April 14, 2008 - 07:21 PM

Go with the Pirelli Scorpion Pro for the front, and the Pirelli MT-16 for the rear....especially if you ride trail, fields, hardpack medium, etc. etc.

I've run Dunlop's, Maxxis, etc. and found this combo (the Pirelli's), to work the best on everything. It is the favorite combo of Dwight Rudder the National Enduro champ, so it's gotta be decent.

• biznet1

Posted April 15, 2008 - 01:55 AM

Go with the Pirelli Scorpion Pro for the front, and the Pirelli MT-16 for the rear....especially if you ride trail, fields, hardpack medium, etc. etc.

I've run Dunlop's, Maxxis, etc. and found this combo (the Pirelli's), to work the best on everything. It is the favorite combo of Dwight Rudder the National Enduro champ, so it's gotta be decent.

I just tried my first Pirelli Scorpion. I've been through most of the others and I knew was a little harder and the pattern looked intersting so I gave it a shot. The track I ride on the most gets hard pack before the end of the day so I figured I had nothing to lose. Wow. It really is a damn good front tire. It stuck good early when the track was loamy and it really stuck good when the track got hard. I noticed when coming in hot before a flat turn the back would try to slide out but the front always stuck well. I want to try the rear now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.