US or Canadian wr426 ??

2 replies to this topic
  • J.T.

Posted May 03, 2002 - 03:28 PM

I'm shopping around for the best price and I discover the best deal is on the Canadian model. Im not real sure about any differences. Is one maybe even better than the other?? The CAN. wr426 would be about $500 cheaper. What would keep a guy from going this route?? Thanks for any feedback....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted May 03, 2002 - 05:39 PM

Canadian :)

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: SoCalWR426 ]

• WR_Dave

Posted May 04, 2002 - 02:43 AM

Hey J.T. the Canadian model has a different muffler than the U.S. version which is less restrictive than the stock U.S. muffler but, it isn't USFS legal and you can't really do anything too it to make it much better.( Although I drilled and tapped eight 21/64 holes around the exhaust outlet and can tune the noise with 1/8 brass pipe plugs) The Can. model has no gray wire to pull and the throttle stop is already at the proper spec. The carb. is set up slightly leaner than the U.S. version also, which would be good in your area. Hope this helps your decision.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.