a few quick ?s about the P.C Ti-4 system

7 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted April 12, 2008 - 11:51 AM

Just bought a Pro Circuit Ti-4 gp exhaust system. wondering on what jetting reccomendations everyone is using.. i know the P.C site reccoemends the following

Main- 165
pilot- 42
Needle- Stock
Position- 5
Fuel Screw - 2 turns
Leak- 50

does this sound right. i commonly ride around 3-4k feet above see level.

also should i bother removing the sparky and adding a different outlet diameter? i spend 98% of my time on the track.

thanks
josh

• todds924

Posted April 12, 2008 - 08:30 PM

Just bought a Pro Circuit Ti-4 gp exhaust system. wondering on what jetting reccomendations everyone is using.. i know the P.C site reccoemends the following

Main- 165
pilot- 42
Needle- Stock
Position- 5
Fuel Screw - 2 turns
Leak- 50

does this sound right. i commonly ride around 3-4k feet above see level.

also should i bother removing the sparky and adding a different outlet diameter? i spend 98% of my time on the track.

thanks
josh

What year are we talking about? If its an 08, Pro Circuit recommends an NFLP needle in the 5th groove. a 42 pilot and a 165 main....50 leak. I tried it on my 08 and didn't like it. I am also using a full TI-4 system. I went with the 50 leak...stock NFLR needle <3rd> pos. and a 45 pilot/162 main jet. 2 turns on the screw. This is the best i have found so far and i ride all the So Cal tracks...sea level to 4000 ft. I also have the Large outlet end cap with the spark arrestor removed.

• Slinkyman16

Posted April 13, 2008 - 09:10 AM

sorry its a 2007.

• todds924

Posted April 14, 2008 - 06:37 PM

sorry its a 2007.

Pro circuit recommends an NFPP needle for the 07.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted April 14, 2008 - 07:45 PM

hmm thats weird.. their site has the stocker listed as the reccomended needle... ill give them a call tomarrow. Just got done installing the system today and did a quick start up.. sounded pretty damn good.

this is from their jetting reccomendations under support.

MODEL MAIN PILOT NEEDLE POS SCREW LEAK
YZ 450F 160 45 NFLR 4 1 1/4 55
Pro Circuit 165 42 NFLR 5 2 50

• Slinkyman16

Posted April 15, 2008 - 10:11 AM

just got off the phone with pro circuit and they gave me the same info as the page.. so ill test back when i do some testing this weekend..

• todds924

Posted April 15, 2008 - 07:52 PM

just got off the phone with pro circuit and they gave me the same info as the page.. so ill test back when i do some testing this weekend..

I know they just updated there page and added 08 models to it. I know they recommended the NFPP for 07 because i also tried that on my 08 before they posted the new 08 specs thinking it would be close. Even so, They recommended the NFLP needle for my 08 and i tried it and didn't like it. I think the NFLR needle is best and you will probably think so also. Let me know how it runs.

• Slinkyman16

Posted April 15, 2008 - 08:52 PM

i will if i can find a damn leak jet for it.. no one around me carries or even knows that the leak jet is.. its to damn funny. but ive already started it up and the thing sounds mean as hell, nice and throaty. im hopin to get out before next week for the inital test run.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.