Popping

3 replies to this topic
  • manther

Posted April 12, 2008 - 08:41 AM

My wr400 is popping real bad when I chop the throttle while in the 1/4 - 3/4 part of the throttle. I think this is an issue of changing the needle clip position. Should I go richer or leaner? I just opened up my airbox, and put on an after market pipe, and reoiled my air filter. I have pilot at #50, main at #170, needle clip at the 3rd spot.

• clark4131

Posted April 12, 2008 - 05:11 PM

Raise your needle one position...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • manther

Posted April 12, 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hey figured out what it was. Kept my needle just where it was but figured out I didn't have my header pipe tightend on right, therefor there was an xhaust leak. Tightened it down and all the excessive popping went away.
Just out of curiostiy when you say raise it one position, would that be richer or leaner?

• clark4131

Posted April 12, 2008 - 08:59 PM

Richer...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.