08 WR450 Carborator, easyest way to get it out?

10 replies to this topic
  • Megatron

Posted April 11, 2008 - 05:36 PM

My bro just bought the bike a couple day's ago and he's dying to be able to keep up to my KTM 525 EXC. We are trying to put in a yz throttle screw because the WR limiter sucks. What is the easyest way to get at this? Other mod sugestions welcome.

• resinlips

Posted April 11, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Soon a mean person will reply telling you do a search and read the Stickys!:thumbsup:

• Megatron

Posted April 11, 2008 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the quick response, resinlips. I did search a bit for it but couldn't find a quick link.We are in the middle of changing it out right now so I didn't want to sit in front of my computer looking for it.

• mlynn450

Posted April 11, 2008 - 08:34 PM

I welded a piece of a allen wrench to the end of an 18" long 1/4" metal dow rod. You can run it up behind the rear shock and right onto the throttle stop. It worked great on my 07 wr450. didn't take anything else off to do it.

• mlynn450

Posted April 11, 2008 - 08:37 PM

make sure you weld it end to end not side to side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RedBull420

Posted April 11, 2008 - 09:22 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=604828

• William1

Posted April 12, 2008 - 05:41 AM

Easiest way is to use a ball end Allen on an extension with a rachet. Failing that, a regular ball end allen wrench will do the job. At worse, it takes ten minutes (This includes dropping the wrench five times, hollering at the wife to get the dogs back inside as they keep walking between you and the bike and a few minutes looking at your neighbor, sunning herself.)

• Megatron

Posted April 12, 2008 - 10:48 AM

The ball end allen wrench idea worked perfectly. I only removed the covers around the air filter so I could see what I was doing. Barely had to remove anything and it only took 15 minutes after I dicovered this way. I'd bet that if I had to do this again, it would take less than 10 minutes from start to finish. Unless you are replacing jets there is no reason to have to remove the rear shock or the sub-frame.

• kevinwr450f

Posted April 12, 2008 - 05:21 PM

Soon a mean person will reply telling you do a search and read the Stickys!:thumbsup:

Sorry, but your screen name is funny as hell.... I laugh everytime I see it:thumbsup:

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 13, 2008 - 12:34 PM

I'd bet that if I had to do this again, it would take less than 10 minutes from start to finish. Unless you are replacing jets there is no reason to have to remove the rear shock or the sub-frame.

You don't even have to remove the shock or subframe to get to the main, pilot, or needle

• WR450SM

Posted April 14, 2008 - 08:36 AM

I have never had my carb out, or removed the shock or any of the subframe bolts. You can do EVERYTHING with the carb on.

I have swapped needle, pilot, main, leak jet and done the o-ring mod to AP linkage without significant disassembly of the bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.