426 clutch prob

1 reply to this topic
  • mxgene

Posted April 11, 2008 - 07:09 AM

I have a small dilema...
I ordered, and recieved a new clutch kit last night.
What I ordered was a kit for a 2001 YZ426. What I recieved was a 2003-2006 YZ450 kit.
Should I wait and get the proper replacement, or use the 450 kit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bustersat

Posted April 11, 2008 - 03:33 PM

I have a 06 clutch set up in my 02 426 and it runs fine. Even improved the clutch pull a ton! I scored a GYTR hub and pressure plate for cheap and have it in a hinson basket. A little work on setting it up and all has been well for 6 months now. I am running a GYTR heavy duty clutch kit as well. I don't know if I got lucky or what. It works how it is supposed too and actually a whole lot better then before. I couldn't be happier with my set up. By the way I am running a 444 big bore kit with 13.5 to 1, and have had no slippage. My bike will pretty much rip your arms off if you don't pay attention! Hope this helps!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.