FMF Q4 on '06

8 replies to this topic
  • Charles De Mar

Posted April 11, 2008 - 06:15 AM

Who is happy with their Q4? I just put mine on last night. I haven't fired it up yet. The high temp gasket needed to dry first. I'm a bit skeptical on the noise to be honest. I have been running the stock pipe with the pea shooter silencer removed. I really liked how quiet it was with the pea shooter but we all know how cruddy they run with them in. After I put it on I thought maybe I should have gotten more of a turn down silencer:excuseme: Any thoughts?

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 11, 2008 - 06:21 AM

I have an older gen Q on mine its fine. It makes much better power than the stock silencer with the nubbin out. I dont know if its as powerful as a YZF muffler or open race exhaust though. It IS much lighter though....couple of pounds.

Its only really quiet when you idle down, when you are WFO it sounds loud to me. I might need to repack mine.

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 11, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Its only really quiet when you idle down, when you are WFO it sounds loud to me. I might need to repack mine.

I took a spin at lunch down the road (I'm plated:thumbsup: ) It is quiet at idle but once your above half throttle It starts to roar pretty good. If you want to get stock quiet your going to choke up the engine no matter what you have back there. My bike at this altitude really ran like crap with the entire stock set up. anybody have thought on a turn down tip?

• youngen_nh_wr450

Posted April 11, 2008 - 01:08 PM

I just put a Q4 on my 07 450 last week. On idle and lower throttle, it is almost exactly like stock. At 1/2+ throttle, it has a nice roar. Not too bad at all. My concern was also the noise level, but I am very happy with this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charles De Mar

Posted April 11, 2008 - 01:17 PM

I just put a Q4 on my 07 450 last week. On idle and lower throttle, it is almost exactly like stock. At 1/2+ throttle, it has a nice roar. Not too bad at all. My concern was also the noise level, but I am very happy with this.

what did you pay? I got mine for $300.00

• anathema

Posted April 13, 2008 - 02:10 PM

For full system? or slip on?

• Charles De Mar

Posted April 13, 2008 - 03:57 PM

slip on!

• anathema

Posted April 14, 2008 - 06:12 AM

Yep thats about as cheap as they can be had for. Could get one from TT price matched for 296 shipped.

• youngen_nh_wr450

Posted April 14, 2008 - 06:51 AM

paid 325 for the slip on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.