Rad MFG Hub/Axle Question

4 replies to this topic
  • Twig323

Posted April 10, 2008 - 07:46 PM

I just purchased a new rear wheel set up from RAD MFG and i noticed my stock axle wont fit and its much to small. No where on the site does it say you need a diff axle to use there hubs. So I guess my question is where can i find a larger axle to fit this hub? or do you think they sent the wrong hub. Ill call my shop to make sure they ordered and make sure RAD sent out the correct shipment.

Thanks in Advance.

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2008 - 09:32 PM

If you buy a larger axle, how will it fit in your swing arm, axle blocks, brake anchor and spacers?

Sounds like the hub you bought is for the wrong bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX926

Posted April 11, 2008 - 04:21 AM

They must have sent you the wrong hub, or perhaps they did not include proper spacers to adapt hub to your bike? I have a friend that recently purchased a RAD wheel combo, it came wth hub inserts to fit hub to YZ axle.

• Twig323

Posted April 12, 2008 - 06:06 PM

yeah i think they sent me a honda rear hub or yeah the spacers are wrong thanks. the spacers fit my axle but not in the hub.

• almostinvincible119

Posted April 12, 2008 - 08:00 PM

i think they make oversized hubs with oversized bearings. call em about the bearings. they may have just sent the wrong ones

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.