Insurance cost??

26 replies to this topic
  • RipperFox

Posted April 11, 2008 - 07:55 PM

That explains your cost...NJ...almost NY...

Geico and Progressive are the best rates I have ever got for the last 20 years on classic street bikes, this is my first Dual sport, but prices arent any different, cheaper if anything...Ca, SC, NC, KS ,OK, OH....No experience with NY,NJ...just nightmare stories to pass along...sound like I will be adding yours to the list.

You gotta get Comp...cost very little...And I am still in anger management over the last bike I got stolen. :thumbsup: :confused: :thumbsup:

• dstark

Posted April 11, 2008 - 08:57 PM

Progressive has a miniumum of $40 or $50 i think

I use progressive in CA, it's $39/mo. full coverage. 26 years old with no driving record. that includes

liability-bodily-property
uninsured-underinsured
comp
collision
$1,000 custom parts
roadside assistance

• danny v

Posted April 11, 2008 - 10:05 PM

Hey guys, long story short, I had to renew my insurance for my "L" through Rider insurance company - JUST liability - no full coverage. Came out to $271 for the year. Doesn't this sound high? Seems like not long ago I was paying about $100 for the year:excuseme: :thumbsup:

I have a 1998 XR 600 R with baha,street legal and I pay only 80.00 every 6 mos. That is for 100 / 300 / 100 no medical though they said no one insures for med on bikes now days ? Ihave state farm ins.
Shop around a little and if you cancel they must retunn your un used portion to you ! Good luck ! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sloughrider

Posted April 12, 2008 - 12:28 AM

i'm a dud 'cause i didn't do much price shopping but i went with progressive @ 350 an. and full coverage. i'm stuck in san diego with streets all around and i like blastin the safe ones. original quote was higher, then the girl saw my existing acct w/my work truck and lowered it a bit. but at 350/full, i'm happy.

• riding4life162

Posted April 12, 2008 - 09:55 AM

That is REALLY HIGH, I am 26 years old, and have a totaled 10 thousand dollar bike on my insurance and i pay a little less than 200 a year for full coverage with all the bells and whistles(injury to both parties, road side, theft, un insured, underinsured, collision, comp, everything). with All state.

• Purcell69

Posted April 12, 2008 - 10:12 AM

Geico and Progressive are the best rates I have ever got for the last 20 years on classic street bikes, this is my first Dual sport, but prices arent any different, cheaper if anything...Ca, SC, NC, KS ,OK, OH....No experience with NY,NJ...just nightmare stories to pass along...sound like I will be adding yours to the list. :thumbsup: :confused: :thumbsup:

I had Progressive for two years when I had my DR350SE, until my rates started going UP and the only answer they could give was "your state made us raise our rates." I went to Geico after that. The only increase was when I went to the "L", as the bike is 9 years newer and 300 cc's bigger than the DR350SE.

Progressive's rates had gone up by a full 1/3 after the second year, and I have a spotless record with no tickets, crashes, or claims and 30 years of riding experience. I was even living at the same address, (rural). Definitely shop around.

-Joe

• jim25kj

Posted April 13, 2008 - 08:44 AM

First time rider just bought my bike I'm 25 years old no points or tickets. Have xr650r with allstate insurance 214 dollars a year with comprehensive and collision 250 deduct on collision and 100 on comp. Levels set at 100/300/100 and underinsured/uninsured motorist. With lease/loan gap protection cost 10 bucks a year and also covers 1000 of accessories you may have added to your bike. So 214 dollars a year for everything.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.