oil pressure check bolt

2 replies to this topic
  • bazuki54

Posted April 10, 2008 - 06:29 PM

what is the oil pressure check bolt? I have a 08 450 and in the manual it says to take the check bolt out while idling until oil comes out. Does anyone do this? should I be concerned?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fishpost19

Posted April 10, 2008 - 08:07 PM

My old Yammi has an oil check bolt, one on the head, and one on the oil filter cover. When you change the oil and filter, you loosen the bolts, then let the bike idle until oil comes out, so you know that the oil is flowing properly. If the oil doesn't come out of the check bolts within say a minute, you have a problem with your pump, or a blockage somewhere. Pretty handy to have, though I don't use it every time I change my oil

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2008 - 09:35 PM

The me manual that tells you that the bolt exists also tells you where it is.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.