YZFing my '08 WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • motorgod

Posted April 10, 2008 - 03:49 PM

I want to get rid of the head light and tail light on my '08 WR450. I also want to change all of the plastic to black. But I do want to keep the computer. What is everyone using? inquiring minds want to know....:thumbsup:

• jeepnrocks

Posted April 10, 2008 - 08:09 PM

I am very very new at this but I believe the shrouds are different. However if you get an IMS fuel tank then you can use yz shrouds. Acerbis also sells the plastic kits for about 125 bucks. You can get either blue or white for the WR.
Im pretty sure you could just yank the headlight and use a regular old number plate up front. not sure on the fenders

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • STECKNINE

Posted April 11, 2008 - 06:28 AM

I am very very new at this but I believe the shrouds are different. However if you get an IMS fuel tank then you can use yz shrouds. Acerbis also sells the plastic kits for about 125 bucks. You can get either blue or white for the WR.
Im pretty sure you could just yank the headlight and use a regular old number plate up front. not sure on the fenders

What about the computer? does the computer fit under the front plate?

• tunefx

Posted April 11, 2008 - 08:49 PM

I want to get rid of the head light and tail light on my '08 WR450. I also want to change all of the plastic to black. But I do want to keep the computer. What is everyone using? inquiring minds want to know....:thumbsup:

I'm 98.9% the '07 and '08 are the same. I've written up a bit on this "conversion" but I did not keep my computer. Check http://www.thumperta...317#post6173317

IMHO I don't think a YZ number plate could fit properly when keeping the computer. The computer would overhang the number plate and the cabling would be a real mess.

My $0.02!

Hope it helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.