07 WR Exhaust Ahhhh

30 replies to this topic
  • Himsa123

Posted April 10, 2008 - 03:32 PM

Hey guys, first off i wanna say i just got my wr last year and i love it, awesome bike, performance is great buttt lets face it the stock pipe sounds well bad. im not looking for the loudest and baddest sounding pipe but i am in the market of buying a new one and am looking for some more power out of it and maybe sound a little meaner. what are your guys' suggestions as far as a new pipe on my WR. Thanks in advance and feel free to post what your running and what you like/dislike about it.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 10, 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hey guys, first off i wanna say i just got my wr last year and i love it, awesome bike, performance is great buttt lets face it the stock pipe sounds well bad. im not looking for the loudest and baddest sounding pipe but i am in the market of buying a new one and am looking for some more power out of it and maybe sound a little meaner. what are your guys' suggestions as far as a new pipe on my WR. Thanks in advance and feel free to post what your running and what you like/dislike about it.

Dr. D best bang for the buck...not to loud and great improvement on the low to mid range...:thumbsup:

• Himsa123

Posted April 10, 2008 - 03:50 PM

does it sound any different than stock?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 10, 2008 - 03:52 PM

does it sound any different than stock?

oh yeah its louder but not loud like other bikes...for me its perfect

• Himsa123

Posted April 10, 2008 - 06:00 PM

thanks for the info..anyone have experience with yosh or fmf pipe?

• Idaho450

Posted April 10, 2008 - 08:59 PM

I've got a Q4 that sounds better than stock but isn't loud

• wr_matt

Posted April 10, 2008 - 11:26 PM

I love my GYTR Quiet pipe... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused:
Posted Image

• timoyz1

Posted April 11, 2008 - 04:58 AM

I'm too cheap to afford a new silencer. I did a little surgery on my stock piece. Made it a little louder, runs great, and only cost me $20.

• w00dsRider

Posted April 11, 2008 - 05:39 AM

thanks for the info..anyone have experience with yosh or fmf pipe?

I'm running the FMF Ti Power Core with the quiet insert and love it. The can is really short which helps with weight distribution and keeps it out of harms way. If riding in sloppy conditions (and running a fat 120/100 tire) it does pick up a little mud in the spark arrestor requiring a little TLC. Well worth the price of admission IMHO.

• Himsa123

Posted April 11, 2008 - 10:05 AM

is everyone just using a slip on or full exhaust with header? what are the advantages with the new header? significantly more power?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • w00dsRider

Posted April 12, 2008 - 05:34 AM

is everyone just using a slip on or full exhaust with header? what are the advantages with the new header? significantly more power?

Just the FMF slip-on for now.
More power, lower weight and improved weight distribution are the reasons I choose the FMF. A buddy of mine went with Dr D and in the real world there isn't much of a difference between the two power wise. If you do go with the Dr D full exhaust system be aware that there is a very good chance that it'll block one of your oil filter bolts. Most change to a stud set-up for that bolt so they don't have to loosen the header to do an oil filter change.

• chevytrkn1

Posted April 13, 2008 - 06:14 AM

i installed the dr'd complete exhaust. I ran it around the neighborhood without the quite core insert. To loud for me. Once i installed the quite core insert it sounds perfect to me. And it did not seem to affect the performance having it in or out. Runs and looks much better than stock. And affordable.

• ckroto

Posted April 13, 2008 - 10:22 AM

Been running a FMF megabomb header with the 4.1 ti can. I will be ordering the quiet insert for the can, but the power increase was great. Much more snap, just a little on the loud side. Measured a 96 at the last race, but I think the tester was quite generous. :thumbsup: The header has some tiny dents from front tire rocks. It does not seem to hinder anything, but the ti header seems a little soft.

• Himsa123

Posted April 13, 2008 - 10:33 PM

cool deal thanks guys for the input..anyone experience yosh exhausts on there wr??

• kevinwr450f

Posted April 15, 2008 - 07:15 AM

2nd the TI Powercore.....

• crazycarl7

Posted April 20, 2008 - 04:52 PM

I have the yosh full Ti system on my 05 yz250f. It perfect!. Not to loud but it sounds mean as a mo fo! And alot of low end power

• djrevz

Posted April 21, 2008 - 07:04 AM

a standard header pipe does nowt to anything but the powerbomb headers are very good they look sweet and give something like 7/8% more power. thre worth the money.

• suzukipoo

Posted April 21, 2008 - 08:13 AM

FMF all the way, great power and sounds perfect !!!

Posted Image

• Demo_Slug

Posted April 21, 2008 - 11:22 AM

Just the FMF slip-on for now.
More power, lower weight and improved weight distribution are the reasons I choose the FMF. A buddy of mine went with Dr D and in the real world there isn't much of a difference between the two power wise. If you do go with the Dr D full exhaust system be aware that there is a very good chance that it'll block one of your oil filter bolts. Most change to a stud set-up for that bolt so they don't have to loosen the header to do an oil filter change.

I'm very interested in a shorter can, do you know if the Q4 is as short as your power core???

• Idaho450

Posted April 21, 2008 - 09:02 PM

I've got a Q4 and it looks about the same size as the powercore

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.